Annointed: yearly figures

by DaCheech 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• M.J.
    M.J.

OK, estimating that there were about 40,000 anointed post-1935, I have come up with an estimate on how many would likely be living today based on a comparison to the mortality rate of the general US population.

Total native born population over 80 in 2003 (over 12 years old in 1935) would be 9,316,729

I got this number from the following tables:

http://www.census.gov/popest/national/asrh/NC-EST2003/NC-EST2003-01.pdf

http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/foreign/ppl-174/tab02-01.pdf

Now the total population in 1935 was about 127,200,000 :

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0110380.html

So the percentage of the US population over 12 years old in 1935, still alive today would be: 9,316,729 / 127,200,000

is 7.3%

So based on the 40,000 anointed post 1935, the number living today would likely be around 2,920

• M.J.
    M.J.

Hold on. There's a little glitch in the figures, now that I look at it. I'll re-post this when I work out the bugs!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Many who were previously anointed had to be replaced because they developed an taste for geriatric sex. Also, some had to be posthumously disfellowshipped because their thinking was not in step with the organization's current truth.

Walter

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

If you ignore actual numbers from Elsewhere's chart and look at the percentage change against the previous year the picture looks different.

Heres the graph :

It looks like every down is matched with an up. In fact the figures say that there has been 30 up years, one stationary year and only 13 down.

I thought they were supposed to be dying off.

Any statisticians here care to examine trends? Can the ups and downs correlate with events or politics within the Org?

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

The whole WTBTS theology one this does not make sense. yet, only a few months ago a whole Watchtower article was devoted to the subject of the 144,000 - a literal number.

Of the billions on earth today or who have ever lived, how can the arguement be made that only 144,000 are in a special relationship with God? John 3:16 talks about God loving the whole world - I am sure that out there somewhere, there are more than 144,000 who are far better than the majority of practicing JWs today.

Eyeslice

• one
    one

so, on year 33 at least 3000 were "choosed", to begin with and spread the word, then until the year 1935 (1902 years later) less than 100 thousand had been "choosed" to go 'up'.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If those calculations are right, then of the 8000 or so partakers today 5000 are replacements (since there should be around three thousand only - and yes I think god rounds up to the nearest thousand too!)

Extrapolating from this: assuming human nature has not changed since the first century, I assume that per century 5000 people just like us would have to be replaced.

That means that over 20 centuries 5000 X 20 unfaithful ones need replacing. 144 000 - 100 000 means that only 44 000 have proved faithful in 2000 years. (about right for the 2 thirds unfaithful one third faithful of the 3 perfect humans on earth so far)

Which means that only around 2 200 per century are truly anointed.

But wait... That leaves only 44 000 at this critical time so hard todeal with. Expect the numbers of partakers to jump to 100 000 soon.

Especially as the Borg says those with the earthly hope have everlasting life as opposed to eternal for the heavenly class. John 6:54 "He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has EVERLASTING life." In my view that means everyone should take the emblems no matter what their hope, whether living in heaven, or staggering round paradise with baskets overladen with fruit. (bad back won't exist then)

I am sure that my maffs are wrong, standard deviation and best fit to data stuff, but I'm not good at this countin' stuff.

HB

• Triple A
    Triple A

If both parents are annointed and the children are not, would that not mean that this family would be torn apart in the kingdom?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit