Armageddons coming.

by Peppermint 31 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron

I can't believe that so many adults reacted in such a way to every "flash, bang, wallop" and incident that happened.

I became a JW in 1971, left in 2001.

I must have been in a pretty laid back congregation then, but I know they weren't. As I said I became a JW in March 1971, yet I hardly ever heard 1975 mentioned by others. In fact the first reference anyone made to me was a work colleague who said "JW's aren't they the ones who say the world will end in 1975" which was news to me. Asked an Elder, he said "Well we think 1975 marks 6,000 years since man was created. It may be a good time to for Jehovah to do something or it may not. We'll have to wait and see."

Not once with all the incidents and happenings etc, that occurred round the world, did I ever feel that Armageddon was coming.

I remember one night we had a terrific storm and standing and watching the forked lightning flash across the sky. My wife said jokingly "Maybe its Armageddon" I said "No its just a storm. When Armageddon comes we'll know it is, it'll make this look nothing."

All I experienced in my years as a JW in the congregation was a sort of "Armageddon, Oh yeah that thing" attitude. "Its coming but lets not worry about it, lets preach the good news first."

When 9/11 happened I had left the JW's and become a B/A Christian. I watched it live on TV. My thoughts were "Those poor people in the buildings and planes" and "What kind of people would do such a thing?" But I didn't think that Armageddon was going to happen. But I do believe that Christ will return. When? Only He knows that , I'm not speculating on it.

• holly
    holly

I too thought Armageddon was here when the gulf war started, then 9/11. I also had this terrible dream just before the earthquake in Asia. I dreamt I was standing on the beach and this huge wave rose up and came over me. i thought 'this is it, armageddon, im going to die'. at that point i woke up, phew. freaked me out though, when a couple of days later the tidal wave happened.

just incase im a prophet, i'd better let you all know i also had a dream recently that i was in a tall building somewhere in america and it just started to fall and race forward, like it was falling off the earth. the building was one of these glass looking buildings and i looked out the window and all the other buildings ere doing the same. everyone was running around and screaming and i just laid on the floor and thought, this is it, this is armageddon. i shut my eyes and waited for the end to come. It did, when i woke up.

in all honesty, if the bible is correct, i think everyone would know it was happening. gulp. for now we get our practice scares with earth tremors and the like. oh yeah which reminds me, i also thought armageddon had come a couple of years ago when we had an earth tremour. dont get many of them in my neck of the woods, so it was pretty scary.

• Yvonne A
    Yvonne A

Yes maybe not as exciting as yours but it was one day I was feeling extremely unworthy when the sky started lighting up with sheet lightning, then all of a sudden there was a huge explosive noise outside my window. I thought that's it,my times up. It ended up that i was just a huge burst of thunder outside my window, but certainly got me thinking.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    "No its just a storm. When Armageddon comes we'll know it is, it'll make this look nothing."

very well put aniron... i dont think we will have to speculate when it's time. it'll be so apparent, that even atheists will be on their knees.

just incase im a prophet, i'd better let you all know i also had a dream recently

a brittish prophet? get outta here!!!

bethel

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Armageddon's coming...?

Yeah, right.

• fairchild
    fairchild

About three years ago, I had gone on a daytrip in the woods, by myself. At one point, I leaned against a tree to eat a sandwich. Everything was peaceful and quiet around me and I enjoyed the silence enormously. All of a sudden, out of nowhere came a huge BOOM, you have NO idea. The ground was shaking and birds flew up all around me. My ears were ringing, I dropped my sandwich and my legs started shaking quite a bit. I heard animals running away. I stood there, tried to think, but no thought came to mind. Then, the first thought that came to mind was "Oh no, this is the end", the second thought was.. darn, I thought I was alone here, never realized there were so many birds and animals in my immediate vicinity.

When I came home that night, many of my books had fallen off my bookshelf. I made a few phone calls to friends to find out what had happened. Nobody knew, but everybody had heard this very unusual noise, breaking the silence of a calm, sunny day in mid-summer. People talked about it for weeks afterwards. A couple people swore that they had seen a plane coming down, but the rumours remained unconfirmed. There was never anything on the news about that boom. To this day I don't know what happened, but I do know that it was the loudest noise I had ever heard in my life and I don't wish to hear it ever again.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Not since Braxton and Hicks visited!

carmel

• Es
    Es

I remember after 9/11 thinking this is the end, its gona happen anytime now. I was so relieved when a a couple of years later we are still here

es

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

sure...every time there was a thunderstorm or severe weather....

or every war, earthquake, disaster......fill in the blank...that's how warped my mind was......

• steve2
    steve2

A coward dies a hundred deaths

A JW expects or dreads a hundred Armageddons

Which one did Shakespeare write?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit