Armageddons coming.

by Peppermint 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I remember coming home from a meeting one evening in a spiritually heightened mood and seeing all these lights dancing around in the sky. Strangest thing I ever saw.

I said to my wife ?Quick inside? thinking Jehovah had sent his angels to destroy the wicked.

Turned out to be a laser-light show at Knebworth during a Rock concert.

Has anyone else had false Armageddon scares?

• Swan
    Swan

When I was about 12 years old I was going into our house through the utility room when my younger brother's friend, who had been hiding jumped out and yelled "Boo!" at the top of his lungs!

I actually went into some sort of fugue at that point, because I seriously though the end had come. I don't remember seeing, feeling, or anything else other that this loud explosion of noise and a vision in my mind of clouds of smoke billowing from cities in ruins. I was this way for several seconds, but to me it was an eternity. And then I came back to reality and realized were I was and what had happened.

I was absolutely furious with that little jerk for scaring me like that, but all he could do was laugh. He couldn't understand the absolute horror I felt at that moment, and the utter terror I had about Armageddon. It was the most frightening moment of my life.

My Mom came out but no matter what I said about how frightening it was, she said I was a big baby and rather annoyed for being disturbed for what she felt was a false alarm.

Tammy

• Been there
    Been there

Back in the early 60's when they were still doing the sonic booms from jets. Used to scare the s%&t out of me. I was only 6 but I thought it was Armageddon. Also anytime there was a bad storm.

• imnottheonlyone!
    imnottheonlyone!

For me I remember being so scared when the first Gulf War broke out. I just KNEW it was Armagedon! On September 11th I gave it a thought...I wonder if this could be IT! I was much more calm during the crisis in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

D

• Mary
    Mary

One night when I was about 14, my dad come racing in my bedroom and yells "quick, get up! Get your clothes on now we've got to get out of here!"

I just KNEW it was the Great Tribulation that had started and the government was coming to torture us and kill us........turns out that a truck loaded with some kind of chemical had crashed into a bridge not far from us, and was leaking everywhere and we all had to evacuate.

• Preston
    Preston
    Turned out to be a laser-light show at Knebworth during a Rock concert.

Help, we're being attacked by post-Waters Pink Floyd!

- Preston

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When I got baptized in the 1980s it was a a scary time -Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thathcher were in power and as we all know, he was going to stand up to the Russians so I thought that Armageddon would come at any time - I got so paranoid every time a military jet screamed overhead - I thought Armageddon was on the way

• littlemike
    littlemike

Hey Im a Roger Waters fan. And Pink Floyd of course

The new scripure is

Revelation 26 v 2. You will hear rumours of Pink Floyd reforming,but the end is not yet. Then there will be a reform tour announced and then the end will come! (Day before it starts, haha)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Revelation 26 v 2. You will hear rumours of Pink Floyd reforming,but the end is not yet. Then there will be a reform tour announced and then the end will come! (Day before it starts, haha)

And the scripture says Yeah even Sid Barrett will stop being a recluse and Roger Waters will stop sulking and Dave Gilmour will writeth neweth material

• littlemike
    littlemike

Wow we are all pink floyd fans Is this a Pink Floyd Forum.

Next verse says "and Gilmour will say unto Waters we need you back to save the floyd. And Waters said "I wrote everything we ever did but you took no notice till I had departed, And then you apostasied by bring in 14 peaople to write Momentary lapse of Reason"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit