2005 Barbecue Is Definitely On!

by Englishman 276 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Excellent news re the US contingent coming! HL is delighted, Nina.

Don't forget to drive on the left BTW! Whenever I go abroad I wear my wristwatch on the opposite hand as a constant reminder to stay on the other side.

Englishman.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

clever suggestion e-man

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Now we're trying to drag Megadude with us. The spirit is willing . . .

Nina

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Okay, I got two days off (8th and 10th July) today and contacted one of your suggestions for B&B.
    If that goes thru: COUNT MY WIFE AND ME IN. :-)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Public transportation in the UK is FAR too good for us to want to drive anywhere. Especially if we're within walking distance of the pub and the beach!

Nina

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

heh heh. He's holding his wiener.

laters

kaykay_mp

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Public transportation in the UK is FAR too good for us to want to drive anywhere.

Lol ..youve clearly never used it before!The bane of my life!

I would love to come as long as i havent pissed off too many People on here by then!It would be a very unique experience for me ,after all the painful Jw"get togethers" in the past!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, fleaman, you've never tried what passes for public transportation in Dallas!

Nina

• Angharad
    Angharad

We are booked in - around the corner from Mike !!!!

Courtlands B&B, where lots stayed last time is full that weekend, with a block booking.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again !

• Englishman
    Englishman

It seems that Gill & Mick's place, Courtlands in Severn Road, already has a block-booking so that's a no-no.

There's a couple of hotels I can recommend. The Grand Atlantic is good. It's also quite expensive. A better bet is Daunceys Hotel, it's very quaint with superb views of Wales across the Bristol Channel. Unfortunately, it's a 20 minute walk away.

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit