why do JW try to alienate reality

by paradox213 15 Replies latest social family

• paradox213
    paradox213

What I mean by this is how can they believe a baby shouldn't have both parents? I truly believe both mother and father should be united together for their baby. I posted a question regarding marrying outside the JW earlier... Please help me understand this atrocity.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Divide and Conquer!

pure and simple

u/d

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Because they are hoping to pressure the non-believer into converting so that they can channel the normal human urge to form a family unit into one that fits their political agenda.

They don't really CARE, they are just banking that the law of averages in this case will pressure folks into converting when they otherwise mightn't.

CZAR

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Control. They know you want your kid and are banking on that natural love, of which, they have none.

Jean

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

'alienate reality' is the best two words i have seen to describe the jw mentality.

I married an unbeliever, and when my mom learned he was not willing to convert
    she kept dropping hints and giving me information about seperation or divorce
    because he could put my spirituality in jeaopardy. She direagrded the fact that
    we are very happy and very much in love, plus how wonderful he is to me and
    our son. Very sad!!!

MonkeyPrincess

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I've seen these tactics again and again. These people are family wreckers big time on this issue.

Jean

• helios
    helios

Hello JB,

They must control our perception of reality because without that control they would lose the mass of their members.

Go and read 1984. There you find almost every aspect of word meaning and thought controlled by a central authority called Big Brother.

There is a chilling scene where the hero Winston Smith is taken the The Ministry of Love for mental correction. He is asked"How many fingers do you see in front of you?" He answered "Two" Then comes the responce "If The Party say there are three fingers then you see three."

IN RAY FRANZ BOOK CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE we read of the man from Brooklyn who held up a book at a large gathering of JWS and said "This book is black but if THE SOCIETY says it is green THEN IT IS GREEN"

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

JWs believe a baby/children should have both parents.

However, they have addressed in their literature the uniparental situation in today's society, and how to best raise your children if this is your situation.

Also, there are many situations, such as in abusive relationships, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc., in which the children are in a better situation with just one of the parents. The healthy parent.

Perhaps you've gotten wrong information regarding this particular topic.

DY

• paradox213
    paradox213

DY, what do you mean wrong information? Have you read my posts?

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

they hope to bring the "non JW" to the JW side...to complete the feeling of togetherness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit