Would Michael Jackson be in all this legal trouble if he stayed a JW?

by booker-t 24 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

If Michael had stayed a JW and only molested JW boys none of this pesky court stuff would have even happened, would it?!

• steve2
    steve2
    there are people who REALLY are willing to take advantage, if... couched.

Given the possibility that MJ really is innocent, all the more reason for him to have not left himself open to any kind of allegation - false or true. Given especially that the man was accused of molestation in the early 1990s, how absolutely foolish of him to choose to continue his habit of having sleep overs with boys. If it does emerge in court that the allegations are false, maybe this time, MJ will ensure that he does not let himself be ever again set up for child sex abuse allegations. Since those initial allegations emerged in the early 1990s, the power to stop them has been in Michael's hands.

• steve2
    steve2
    If Michael had stayed a JW and only molested JW boys none of this pesky court stuff would have even happened, would it?!

Ouch! That's got to hurt some wounded egos. I suspect though that there is a discomforting amount of true observation here!

• glitter
    glitter

Imagine it:

Elder: What's the matter, Gavin?
    Gavin: Brother Jackson touched me.
    Elder: Did anyone see this happen?
    Gavin: Well, no. Of course not.
    Elder: *Shrugs*

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Yes he would and it would bring the WTS into the fray. Guess who child molestors learn their child molesting from? Yup, other child molestors. Odds are, he was molested by a JW. That might leak out in this case. Look for some pretty interesting developments.

• Alana
    Alana

I've found that JWs have a round about way to rationalize anything they want.....for instance, when growing up, if someone left the borg and bad things happened, like with MJ, then, yes, they would say just like your mother....that those things wouldn't have happened if they hadn't left the borg. YET....if someone left and was successful....such as getting a good job, a nice house, or whatever......THEN, they would say that they apparently Satan was rewarding them for leaving the borg, and that they had better enjoy it now, because they will lose it all at Armageddon.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

I wasn't aware that Michael Jackson was a baptised Witness - but if what I've read on here is true, then I think that if he'd stayed in the Organisation he would have been an elder by now - and thus, completely blameless without a charge to answer.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

** As a side point, something totally unrelated, I think the nature of the organization has had some effect on the way he turned out. I think, essentially, Michael Jackson felt that the organization robbed him of his youth. i think he was forced to lead a very isolated life when he was a kid and I think he was haunted by a lot of demons from his family, etc... a lot of things that happened when he was a JW. From living such a sheltered life to suddenly making millions of dollars in the recording industry, I think such a life-style change was something he couldn't handle.

Ohhhhh, Preston! I don't think this IS totally unrelated at all!

Aside from unrelentless practicing, rehearsals and performing in sleazy clubs as a child, his father made his life a hell. I'll also throw in the fact that along with this, Joe belittled and taunted MJ about his features to the point that MJ would vomit whenever Joe was around, out of fear and revulsion.

Added was the fact that the older boys would sneak in gals at night when they were touring and just tell MJ to turn his head to the wall, and NOT tell anyone what they were up to.

He admits that he was always a "loner" and we all know what comfort and love the baptized JW experiences----so *that* little dream was shattered too.

As he became more popular and was getting (unconditional) "love" from adoring fans, he gets an ultimatum from the WTS about his recordings and his activities, and he "repents" in the form of an apology for the "Thriller" album. I'm sure his check$ to B'lyn were mighty hefty too.

He finally decided to make a choice and go where he got love and acceptance---let alone having tremendous talent---and his choice was to leave the WTS. Can you blame him? Most of US left because we discovered it was a crock, or other reasons.

How many at his age and with his background would have stuck around the WTS? How many of us left when there was no promise of fame and loyal fans?

I'm only commenting on the things I have heard him say on TV interviews. It make me wonder about all that he *didn't* reveal about his childhood.

I think that all of his experiences before he left, had a tremendous impact on who and what he is today. Frankly----I feel sorry for him in a big way just because of that, the same way that I feel sorry for what my own kids missed out on, and were forced to do as little robot JWs.

Annie

• steve2
    steve2
    I think that all of his experiences before he left, had a tremendous impact on who and what he is today.

I think that can be said of anyone anywhere. There's no denying that our pasts shape to a large extent our present and future. But it is a huge step suggesting that MJ's JW upbringing led to his preference for keeping company with boys. I see MJ as a virtual law unto himself, like most other "superstars". My understanding is that, in MJ's own account of his life, he accused his non-JW father of robbing him of his childhood. In the final analysis, while it is undisputed that his JW upbringing would have shaped both his outlook and behaviour, that upbringing cannot be held accountable for MJ making some pretty unwise decisions about his choice of bedmates.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    I think the nature of the organization has had some effect on the way he turned out. I think, essentially, Michael Jackson felt that the organization robbed him of his youth. i think he was forced to lead a very isolated life when he was a kid and I think he was haunted by a lot of demons from his family, etc... a lot of things that happened when he was a JW. From living such a sheltered life to suddenly making millions of dollars in the recording industry, I think such a life-style change was something he couldn't handle.

- Preston

I agree. And like Sunspot said, his dad was an abusive prick. The two combined made him into an odd fellow. However, I am not condemnig him to being guilty yet either.

He never seems to have matured out of his youth himself, so it's not completely impossible for him to consider the kids "sleep-overs" to be anything other than innocent.

Having said that, you would think that friends or advisors would have let him know that he should not leave himself open to these accusations. With that much money, you know there will be some who will take advantage of him.

As far as what JW's think, like Alana said, they'll find anyway to condemn those that leave, whether good or bad things happen to them after they leave. So, in my not so humble opinion, who gives a rat's ass what the JW's think about it? If they had any ability to be objective about it, they would deserve consideration.

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit