The WTs Biggest Deceptions

by individual 21 Replies latest jw friends

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Billygoat - I truly understand what you mean when you call into question the love of an organisation that shuns. I believe that love should be unconditional. I always felt that there was little love shown to people in the congregation - I remember listening to talks about how to express love for each other and show love amongst the congregation. This type of talk should not have been needed in a truly Christian congregation, the love should be there automatically, we should not have to be reminded how or when or why we must love each other.

To shun someone just because their beliefs are different is so predjudiced and needless, to say that it will encourage a person to see the error of their ways and repent and return is just ridiculous. The shunning that I have received has just proved to me that they are cold hearted and not the sort of people I want to spend time with. I cannot stand prejudice in any form. They are the least tolerant people I have ever met.

The biggest deception for me is the impression that they give the ordinary man on the doorstep. They try to deceive everyone into thinking they are wonderful people, charitable, happy, humane, stable, happy, generous, humble, oh,and did I mention happy? What a deception! In my experience very few JWs could fit that description.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Tough question,

As seen from the outside, I guess the claim that they speak for God, denial of the trinity and eternal hell, those are the things that drove me away from being an "interested one". The Maliwi/Mexico deal figures in pretty heavily too.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit