The WTs Biggest Deceptions

by individual 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

I would have to say that the two biggest deceptions for me were 1) the global preaching work thing, and 2) the increase of lawlessness. I was constantly told that Jehovahs Witnesses were the only ones doing the preaching work, and I was reminded that this was a command from Jesus in Matthew whatever the hell the scripture is. I was told that I would be made fun of from my peers and other people and that we would be asked to leave certain places where we preached, and these were all signs that we were doing God's will. And because all the school kids made fun of me, and we were in fact asked to leave some private places, I believed this was the truth...when I was 10 yrs old!!! I also had it drilled into my head that the increase of lawlessness was more rampant than ever before. I was told that because of this, I could not go out and play with other kids because I might get kidnapped or something, and my mom would only show me the parts of the news that discussed a missing or murdered child, so I believed this was a sign of the end. The thought of increase of earthquakes and famine were too scary even to think about!!! (Those pictures of people with ribs showing really are gross!!!) I was so afraid of famine, that I would eat food that I hated, because my mom told me that I might not have more food tomarrow, and that I would go hungary!!! It is horrible the way these parents scar children's minds! That's my story.

My Regards,
    Joanne

• Moxy
    Moxy

i can forgive a lot of mistakes, inappropriate enthusiasm, imperfections etc. but i get off the train when i see deliberate deception and that was the case with 607. i drew my conclusions from the research in the publications and encyclopaedias solely. learning later of COJ et al just buttressed by own findings.

mox

• spike
    spike

Thinking there are two classes of christians, anointed and other sheep. What a farce! The WTS does not give credit to Jesus's salvation of all mankind.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

One of the biggest, if not the biggest was the denial of responsibility for the 1975 fiasco. "It wasn't our fault, it's yours." was the only response they would make.

Another one would be the removal of Food Service at the conventions in the guise of "simplification" when we all knew it was for tax avoidance. The same with the "donation" arrangement. It was introduced here in Oz just before the introduction of a Consumption Tax (VAT/GST). We taught our kids to be honest in all things. Yet the Borg (which they say = Jehovah) can't tell the truth.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"You can know the law by heart, without knowing the heart of it"
    Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

• julien
    julien

You guys should remember the words of so-and-so.. "when the blabady blah is flerpy werpy then woopwoop hoohaw riplle do." And despite the fact that the Society has claimed to speak for God, they are not really claiming so because firple doopy wap wap so in reality they are notpy bloogah poople. Just because they spiritually execute you for disagreeing with doctrines that aren't in the bible, So-and-so would argue that hedlrousity vorblix treleontologically represents farfigneugen with the juxtaposition of redverontological qwertyuiopism. So those dead kids or ones whose lives were screwed up by some lowlife scumbag pedofile will just have to wait on Jehovah. Afterall evidence shows he is using the Society , and if you curse the society you are cursing him. And he hates to be cursed. Boy oh boy.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Wonder where Sir Fred is on this one? LOL

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"You can know the law by heart, without knowing the heart of it"
    Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello

Probably the biggest is the fact that they deny the Great Crowd entry into a covenant of life through their lord by not allowing them also to eat and drink at memorial. JOHN 6:48-58 says "ANYONE" can partake.

ANYONE can come into union by communion and they promise them life through this covenant that they don't let them in. Therefore missing out on 'the better ressurection.'

Deception! LIES! HYPOCRISY!

JUST A MOM (Kim)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

What really sent me over the edge (and still makes my skin crawl) is how they say how "loving" of an organization they are, but "shun". Outside of murder, how much more unloving can you get???

I am now a Christian and believe that everyone has a judgement day in the presence of God. Oh...if I could only be a fly on the wall of the entry way to heaven! What excuse would the typical JW use? What excuse would the members of the GB use?

I really do hate the fact that I am still so angry over my DFing, but a lot of it is over the fact that there are so many MORE out there that are going through what I went through. For me it's been a blessing in disguise, but for those currently going through it and have no where to go??? I remember the feelings of despair and confusion. I really did feel like I had left God himself.

Thank God I have learned otherwise since!

Billygoat

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

607 was a biggie for me. The "new light" in 1995 about the definition of "generation" was the first time I actually thought, "this is bullshit."

The "elder arrangement" soured me big time -- Elders being able to determine your repentance. What bunk, sayeth I!

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

The slander of REAL Christianity....something that several people here continue to do.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit