PROVE That Jehovah's Witnesses DON'T Have The Truth

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Moon them?? I guess that's one way to show them!

• undercover
    undercover

You can't "have" the truth. Truth is not something you can own. You can believe the truth or not believe the truth. You can accept the truth or not accept the truth. You can question the truth or not question the truth. But you can never "have" the truth.

Truth is truth. Truth does not change. Something true cannot be false. If something stated as truth ever changes, then what was perceived as truth before was actually false. Or, the new "truth" is false and a lie is perpetrated. In either case, truth is lost.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Going along with Sister Blondie's comment

Matthew chapter 7 verses one and two tell us ...

"Do not judge and critisize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and critisized and condemned yourselves. For just as you judge and critisize and condemn others you will be judged and critisized and condemned and in accordance with the measure you use to deal out to others it will be dealt out again to you." (amplified bible)

<<<< is this mic on??>>>>

After looking at the list they themselves provided, wow, I remembered the day I went through the scriptural "proof" they had and using a black pen to scratch out all the scriptures that were listed as I looked them up and realised how badly they had botched the reasoning. If they can dish it.....

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Simple, Min.

"Know the truth and the truth will set you free."

The Society of Jehovah's Witnesses is far from free. Neither are they free collectively, nor individually.

Frannie

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I prove them wrong by turning to Matthew 24:45-47 and asking one simple thing of them.

Using only scriptures, because we have to let them interpret themselves, please prove that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is responsible for revealing new light to me.

Then I show them what the Bible says. I can't use the Bible to disprove their beliefs, I can only use it to demonstrate what it says.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• eljefe
    eljefe

Jesus himself gave us the identifying mark

John 13:34
    A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
    13:35
    By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

They don't have love. I asked my Dad (an elder) if he felt loved in the congregation. He said no. End of story.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Good point Eljefe, and further on the line of thought what about the scriptures in

I Corithians 13:1-8

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a sounding [piece of] brass or a clashing cymbal. 2 And if I have the gift of prophesying and am acquainted with all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to transplant mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body, that I may boast, but do not have love, I am not profited at all.

Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are [gifts of] prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with.

I am a firm believer in this biblical text even as a ousted JWs'. The WTBS can't help but realize that the if the action of love no longer exists with in the congregations, then they are just like what these scriptures say. They are nothing. Looking at the description of love in verses 4-7 and then look at most congregations and for that matter the GB they have failed on all counts. Sometime when you go to a large convention like an international one and in the opening remarks the Brother addressing the audience says that our being assembled is proof of our love of one another. That make me feel nauseated. Because we all know that in every single congregation there are terrible things happening to witnesses. Please don't get me wrong there are some very genuine loving people in the organization. But on a whole, just look at the internet and read some of the 51,00 sites that are about Jehovah's Witnesses. Now they all are not wrong they are fact based stories of horrors and lies and deciet, malicious gossip and embezzelment, incest, cover ups , and what ever else you can think of. Yes indeed a little leaven ferments the whole lot..

I read of a sister who had her entire lively hood stolen from her by another bunch of so called good brothers and several were elders and MS. She ran and owned Deer Lodge some place in the usa. If you have time I encourage you to read of that story and this dear 101 year old sister who lost it all... www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw153.html

If one person can say that he or she believes that Jehovah's Witnesses are examplers of love I will ask to be re instated. But as you and I both know that is not the case. Yes truth is based on fact and if the facts prove that JWS don't epitomize Christ then they have not found the real meaning of TRUTH.

The proof is in the pudding and the pudding pot is boiling over.

Orangefatcat.

• minimus
    minimus

Some of our JW "friends" should review this thread.

• CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend

For me, most of the stuff people come up with to prove that Witnesses are full of crap rings hollow. It all sounds like propaganda and point of view.

It's a lot easier to simply prove that all religion is full of hooey and that the Bible itself is full of crap.

Then the Witness thing takes care of itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit