Intro from new member

by lespacino1 25 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Welcome, I'm sure you'll feel at home here in no time

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome aboard Les, I kind of recognise you from somewhere else :) Great opening post.

Brummie

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I think during your young teenage years, it's easy to believe in anything... but once you become an adult and start actually making decision, it's harder to swallow the BS. I also pioneered during my teenage years and left once I became an adult.

Welcome and I really hope you enjoy hanging out here!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

lespacino1 - Hello and welcome

Eyeslice

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Lespacino... Welcome to the forum! This place reminds me of what "the truth" was supposed to be like, people who really do care about others.

• toladest
    toladest

OMG! Our lives were SO MUCH the same. I met you on chat last night and had NO idea we had so much in common.

I have been out almost 7 years. My mom was started studying when I was 3 and baptized when I was 5. I have 9 siblings, so there are 10 of us. My dad never became a JW. (although he has mental problems now making it difficult to have a relationship) My mom took me out of school when I was in 6th grade to "homeschool" me. (didn't get much schooling though) A pioneer "studied" with me and I became baptized at14. I started Auxillary pioneering. Never did regular pioneer as I couldn't get enough support in the form of rides and such. (didn't get my license till I was 18) I also moved out at 17, but it was to get married.

The difference is it took me a lot longer to become disillusioned. I did not get DFed/DAed until I was 27. I told that story in chat last night. Also my mom won't speak to me. I am glad your mom has found excuses. My mom was that way when my older brother got DFed but that was cause dad was still with her. They finally divorced. He had a mental breakdown and could not deal with it anymore.

Anyway, WELCOME to the board. You can leave me a PM anytime if you are interested in talking.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hello, everyone! This site was recommended to me by someone on another ex-jw site I began frequenting recently. Anyway, I am an ex-jw who has been disfellowshipped for about 7 years now. [I am an ex-jw who has been disfellowshipped for about 10 years now] I was raised as a JW from the age of 4 [so was I], didnt take to it until I was befriended by a Pioneer who was an Elder's wife, [I studied with an elder's wife] and she began a bible study with me because my Mom ddnt have time to have bible studies with all of my siblings and me, there are 10 of us. [There were 9 of us] Anyway, I studied with the woman for awhile, and had a bad life experience which she "helped" me through, and I became close to her. I eventually began homeschooling (in 9th grade) got baptized and began Auxilary Pioneering immediately, [began Auxilary Pioneering at 16] but I was getting Regular Pioneer time in, [and became Regular pioneer] the Elders said I had to work on time before I could be a reg Pioneer, so I got the hours for 6 months and they let me do it. NOt long after I began to see that the people who seemed like such good strong Christian people were just catty back-stabbers, and I quickly became disillusioned. [didn't we all become disollusioned with parents, elders, brothers, sisters] I didn't like being told that I had to fake happiness when I wasn't.[an elder once told me to "wipe the kingdom smile on my face"] At the age of 17 even I knew that couldnt be healthy psychologically or emotionally. Anyway before I went to Pioneer school, [I went to Pioneer school and left home the week after because of my abusive step father / who was a new brother] I quit my excuse was that I wasnt etting along with my unbelieving father [I wasnt getting along with my unbelievable father] and needed to move outof my house and therefore needed a job and couldn't Pioneer then. I did end up moving away from home at 17 [So did I end up moving away from home at 17] and soon worked a lot so that I would have an excuse to miss meetings. [This is where our stories part - I married a sister...] Eventually I fell away, and began smoking and got a few tattoos. One of my sisters, who was about 10 at the time, mentioned my smoking to a JW friend, who told her mom, who in turn promptly turned me in. [Who turned me in for our petting before marriage] I met with the Elders and informed them I had quit, which I had 2 weeks previously, and I volunteered that I had gotten tattoos. [I met with the Elders and informed them I was repentant] Despite my repentance, I was told that I was to be disfellowshipped, [Despite my repentance, I also was told that I was to be disfellowshipped] and the 3 elders actually told me I had to say "I want to be disfellowshipped". Because I was sick of their bs at that point, and wanted to leave because I had been there for so long getting brow beaten, I said it, and they said I could leave. I came back to the Hall the following Wednesday to hear the announcement [I went to see the announcement], after which I left with my "worldly" friend. My mother and siblings sat in the coat room crying with shame, and I hugged my Mom, told her I loved her, and left. Since then, I have been leading a lesbian life, [! I'm a straight male despite my avatar] remain in contact with all of my JW family except for my brother who chooses not to speak to me. My mother uses the excuse that she can't stop me from coming to "my father's" house to have contact with me, and also the fact that I have a child, and that her grandchild has done nothing wrong and should not be punished for my misdeeds. however, my relationship with my mother crumbled significantly. I went from the daughter she called her best friend to the one she can't be seen with in public, and who she tells has to keave if JWs are coming over to her house. Anyway, that's my story, in short, although it seems long. I am glad to be here, and even gladder such sites exist> I hope many current JWs find these sites and read them, and learn something that opens their eyes to the real truth, the JW organization is a cult, and should be left as soon as one can. Thanks for having me, I look forward to reading all of your posts and meeting you. Later [I carried on trying to be a witness for about 2 - 3 years after being disfellowshipped, even though I was cut off from all my friends, going through divorce, I lost my job and times were hard. My life is completely turned round now]

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Lespacino, welcome from another lesbo! Glad to have you on board. If you ever want to PM feel free. I've been out about 14 years now, have a son who is 24, have been with my partner for 3 years (I came out really late), and am happy as can be outside the borg.

Sherry

**edited to add - Ballistic please use some color or a different font or some spacing to make your post readable, I couldn't follow it at all!**

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Welcome to the board...

for long post try making it several paragraphs... gives people headache's to read that way...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Welcome, Les!

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit