Intro from new member

by lespacino1 25 Replies latest jw friends

• lespacino1
    lespacino1

Hello, everyone! This site was recommended to me by someone on another ex-jw site I began frequenting recently. Anyway, I am an ex-jw who has been disfellowshipped for about 7 years now. I was raised as a JW from the age of 4, didnt take to it until I was befriended by a Pioneer who was an Elder's wife, and she began a bible study with me because my Mom ddnt have time to have bible studies with all of my siblings and me, there are 10 of us. Anyway, I studied with the woman for awhile, and had a bad life experience which she "helped" me through, and I became close to her. I eventually began homeschooling (in 9th grade) got baptized and began Auxilary Pioneering immediately, but I was getting Regular Pioneer time in, the Elders said I had to work on time before I could be a reg Pioneer, so I got the hours for 6 months and they let me do it. NOt long after I began to see that the people who seemed like such good strong Christian people were just catty back-stabbers, and I quickly became disillusioned. I didn't like being told that I had to fake happiness when I wasn't. At the age of 17 even I knew that couldnt be healthy psychologically or emotionally. Anyway before I went to Pioneer school, I quit my excuse was that I wasnt getting along with my unbelieving father and needed to move outof my house and theefore needed a job and couldn't Pioneer then. I did end up moving away from home at 17 and soon worked a lot so that I would have an excuse to miss meetings. Eventually I fell away, and began smoking and got a few tattoos. One of my sisters, who was about 10 at the time, mentioned my smoking to a JW friend, who told her mom, who in turn promptly turned me in. I met with the Elders and informed them I had quit, which I had 2 weeks previously, and I volunteered that I had gotten tattoos. Despite my repentance, I was told that I was to be disfellowshipped, and the 3 elders actually told me I had to say "I want to be disfellowshipped". Because I was sick of their bs at that point, and wanted to leave because I had been there for so long getting brow beaten, I said it, and they said I could leave. I came back to the Hall the following Wednesday to hear the announcement, after which I left with my "worldly" friend. My mother and siblings sat in the coat room crying with shame, and I hugged my Mom, told her I loved her, and left. Since then, I have been leading a lesbian life, remain in contact with all of my JW family except for my brother who chooses not to speak to me. My mother uses the excuse that she can't stop me from coming to "my father's" house to have contact with me, and also the fact that I have a child, and that her grandchild has done nothing wrong and should not be punished for my misdeeds. however, my relationship with my mother crumbled significantly. I went from the daughter she called her best friend to the one she can't be seen with in public, and who she tells has to keave if JWs are coming over to her house. Anyway, that's my story, in short, although it seems long. I am glad to be here, and even gladder such sites exist> I hope many current JWs find these sites and read them, and learn something that opens their eyes to the real truth, the JW organization is a cult, and should be left as soon as one can. Thanks for having me, I look forward to reading all of your posts and meeting you. Later

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Lespacino1!

That is quite a story and I understand how difficult it is. I do see hope for you because you can still associate with family due to your father not being a JW. Keep this in mind when times are tough! All is not lost and others in your family may see things more your way in time.

Tammy

• Funchback
    Funchback

WOW!

What a story.

My name is Brian. Welcome to the Forum!

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi and welcome. I'm fairly new here too. Hope you'll meet lots of friends here.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Lespacino1.....so nice to have you.

I too was DFed for smoking. I'm surprised they DFed you after you quit though as normally quitting is a sign of repentence. Not only were you traumatized when you were DFed, but your mother was also. This religion needs to go.

Gumby

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Welcome aboard !! The more, the merrier.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

So nice to have you here. Welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.

From Australia

Bliss

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

lespacino1, welcome!!! It's great to see you've come over - and I know you're going to love it here!

• under74
    under74

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.

BTW-My grandma got DF'd for smoking.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Welcome lespacino - it's really nice to see you have kept (most) of your family - Mums are so important no matter what age you are. Look forward to reading more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit