FOND FAREWELL TO THE BI-MONTHLY AWAKE!

by steve2 47 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

Some have wondered about the reasons the WT will give to this...

although I did enjoy light reading of that nature - it just never went deep enough to really stimulate my mind...

JWs - not WT - will put a spin along the same line as above. They may say "oh no, this has nothing to do with religion really; Awake! is just a magazine on generalities".

Some JW - and even the WT, I bet - may say "we are just combining the content of 2 issues of Awake! in one for more effective distribution... Jehovah's organization is always a forward-thinking, fast paced organization".

Hey, Governing Nobody, you have a few ideas here!

Observador.

• dothemath
    dothemath

I think (if this is true), there must be a huge money problem with the whole organization.

As far as missing the Awake....sure some of the articles were interesting.......but a lot of them were totally useless.

There was one whole article devoted on how to tie your tie properly.........many subjects were totally rediculous to be showing to people at their door.

I'll be interested to see this March KM if all these rumours are true.

• Neo
  • badboy
    badboy

It will be sad if they cut back on the AWAKE! because they can be interesting.

Interesting places/people.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Is the Awake magazine still published?

'In 2022, publication was reduced to one new issue per year.'

Since Jehovah's Witnesses wanted to forget about the Awake magazine, seems some Catholics liked the name.
    Since we recently changed our name to simply "Awake" to reflect our growing national reach and unveiled a new logo and website, many new people have contacted us with questions about who we are, what we do, and whether they belong.

'A community of abuse survivors, concerned Catholics, and allies responding to the wounds of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church'

'NOW IS THE TIME TO AWAKE FROM SLEEP.
    ~ Romans 13:11'

• was a new boy
  • ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Once a year since 2022 - one time too many IMHO.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The only thing better than one per year is ZERO

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

What Happened to reading the Watchtower and Awake as good as getting a college degree?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

:) lol Foolednomore

"What Happened to reading the Watchtower and Awake as good as getting a college degree?"

As a kid, if mom saw me reading ANYTHING not JW, she would ask:" Have you read all the latest magazines!?" ...my answer:"Nope". She would then make that often-heard the b.s. statement: "....as good as a college degree." lol Of course within the week she would also say how lying was a sin god hates. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit