FOND FAREWELL TO THE BI-MONTHLY AWAKE!

by steve2 47 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

IMHO they may be making a big mistake - mind control involves keeping persons too busy to really think and analyze the world around them. The 'spiritually minded' witness crowd will now have 25% less reading to do in the magazines that have for decades held them - and us before we left - in mental control.

I always thought there was no other good reason for publishing the Awake 24 times a year. It never impressed me - although I did enjoy light reading of that nature - it just never went deep enough to really stimulate my mind - OH OH, that was the idea!!!!!!!

Just My Opinion

Jeff

• freedom96
    freedom96

I wonder what reason the WTS will give. Something for sure that everyone will buy into.

• one
    one

No, they will announce a free email distribution, check their website to find out

• undercover
    undercover

So in field service the first half of the month will be the WT 1 and Awake 8 and then the second half of the month will be WT 15 and Awake 8?

Or will field service as we all know and loath gonna change to a completely new format? Is it time now for the WTS to institute the "final warning" before the great tribulation?

Even though I'm being sarcastic about the final warning thing, it wouldn't surprise me that if the WTS, slowly, over years, phase out the door to door work. It doesn't work, people hate doing it and it creates a backlash against them from the public. If over 20 years, you phase out door to door, and give "biblical" reasons for it, in time no one will really remember field service or care. They'll just be glad they don't have to do it. It'll be like the blood doctrine or the 1975 mess. Feed them lies over and over until they'll believe that they never focused on service or that it was a requirement. It'll be like our parents talking about how life was before we were born. We can imagine it, but not really identify with it.

• catchthis
    catchthis

It always was and will always be about the money. They are going to be saving 25% in production costs on magazine distributions alone. (2) Watchtower's and (2) Awake's minus (1) Awake. If any publishing company could trim costs by 25% while still retaining roughly the same income flow, it would be a hugely popular business decision. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Watchtower also be cut to once a month but with a few more added pages to cover all of the WT studies during the month. Or simply trim the fat out of the current mags and substitute the study articles instead and leave the 32 page count the same. The Society wouldn't have to lie about anything. They could tell the r&f that they are just trying to save on printing costs and help the environment. Most witnesses would buy into that line of reasoning. Hell, I would.

• joenobody
    joenobody

If they are trying to save money, it seems like a funny approach. I remember when there would be a particularly unpalatable WT magazine, you could tuck it into the Awake! and just present that instead. Will it mean changes to the WT? Will the WT contain many of the same fluff pieces? I can't see anybody wanting to accept a WT at the door in it's current format.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Awake 1990 4/8 page 27

"Good prostate health seems also to relate to the Bible?s high moral standard. All males would do well to note two principles in particular:

Faithful

to wife: Hebrews 13:4 admonishes: "Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement." Since infection of the prostate gland may be the result of venereal disease, promiscuous sexual activity may lead to prostate trouble as well as other problems.

Guarding

one?s thoughts: At Matthew 5:28 Jesus Christ counsels: "But I say to you that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Following Jesus? advice can contribute to good prostate health. How? When passion is aroused in a man, the prostate gland prepares for intercourse. Dr. Brosman writes that repeated episodes of arousal without accompanying ejaculation cause an accumulation of fluid in the prostate and the seminal vesicles and can lead to prostate trouble.

And masturbation is taboo.

There you have it Ladies and Gentlemen..The leading cause of prostate cancer is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    LOL @ DaCheech! That one's especially ironic considering the study last year that found that regular masturbation can help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.

This sounds interesting.I plan on doing a in depth and long term study on this hypothesis and will cum back to this board with my findings

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Is this a confirmed definite fact yet? i.e. that the Awake is going monthly - or ios it speculation?

• steve2
    steve2
    The monthly Awake (starting 2006) is supposedly announced in the March KM, but I'd like to see some confirmation. Check the thread Awake Moving To Monthly Publishing .

Stay tuned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit