I found a big ol' fat lie again in there!

by gumby 179 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    Old Soul, Gumby's statement that John the baptist's ministry lasted six months is based on JW chronology, not anything specifically stated in scripture.

Wrong achristian. You'll find it in those damn worldly bible aids. That information came from the most respected scholars on the planet....not from the dubs. Look it up yourself then come back when you know what your talking about. I must say achristian, your last attempt to explain away the questions to me should have caused you embarrasment. Your answers made no sense whatsoever to me and I doubt to anyone else that read them. Why you take offense to people poking at the bible bastard god is understandable to those who believe. When I was a dub I didn't like people downgrading my faith.....till I found out my faith was based on bullshit.......just like your newfound faith is based on. BTW...I'm glad your done with this thread....you were diggin yourself in deeper with each sentence you wrote. OldSoul..........your little game should have caused you embarrasment also. The fact is.....the lameass bible writers goofed didn't they? They could decide to lie and say John was locked up before Peter was chosen or after he was chosen. You'd think the demonized Catholic church fathers could have put their crack pipe down long enough to get their damn stories straight before they decided which books would make up the canon. When you come up with a believable explanation for John imprisonment timing.....let me know...k? Gumby

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    You'd think the demonized Catholic church fathers could have put their crack pipe down long enough to get their damn stories straight before they decided which books would make up the canon.

Well from what was in the alternatives (with stuff like a temperamental kid Jesus with a nasty streak, or Jesus laughing as someone else got crucified in his place), those chosen four were the least problematic for their beliefs. Too bad, cuz the other gospels had some thoughtful stuff here and there.

But somebody did try to make a harmonized verion of all four gospels.

I looked it up. It was the Diatessaron by Tatian.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I just wanted to say "Thank you, for posting that rather thought-provoking article on Jehovah Unmasked". I shall be getting into it pretty seriously in the days ahead. Looks like it is quite informative. Am having some difficulty, though, accepting the premise that Jehovah is actually Satan.

Rod, you're welcome and please let me know what you think when you've finished reading it. I don't agree with everything the author says, but I do agree that Jehovah is not the God of Love of the New Testament.

I plan to do more research into the gnostic gospels. It was eye opening to see that the Catholic Church made the decisions about what gospels appear in today's Bible versions.

• Satanus
  • OldSoul
    OldSoul
    OldSoul..........your little game should have caused you embarrasment also. The fact is.....the lameass bible writers goofed didn't they? They could decide to lie and say John was locked up before Peter was chosen or after he was chosen. You'd think the demonized Catholic church fathers could have put their crack pipe down long enough to get their damn stories straight before they decided which books would make up the canon. When you come up with a believable explanation for John imprisonment timing.....let me know...k?

Way to strawman, sport. And you think I should be embarrassed? Your hypotheses couldn't even take a single simple question. You still haven't indicated why you think such a small chronological detail about a "supporting character" even matters.

• gumby
    gumby

Looks ;like I'm gonna hafta sick some meanass demunz on Flyin and Satanusbastard for cuttinn in on my deal.

You still haven't indicated why you think such a small chronological detail about a "supporting character" even matters.

OldSoul....if it were just this one scenario, I wouldn't be bothered as you say....it's no big deal. It when the bible is full of discrepencies such as this. This wasn't even one of the more intresting ones. There's a bunch more and I'm more than happy to oblige in sharin the sumbiatches...and I will.....so stick around and get out all your aids so we can disect a book written by a buncha dudes who wrote a N.T. book that in it's beggining, didn't even consist of most of the books it now contains.

It took some dudes to sift through them to find the ones they thought fit .....and they weren't even there. They weren't even CLOSE to there when it all supposedly went down. Believers need to re-search the formation of the canon before they base their life hopes on what it offers when their MIGHT be another avenue. Whenn someone finds it....kick me a bone

Gumby

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Hi,

I've not looked at this thread since almost its beginning and so may not be presenting anything new, but here's a link (or address to c/p if it doesn't link automatically) to info that seems to explain the wedding/wilderness scenario:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/abdiscr/abdiscr89.html

I've spent a lot of time debating on other forums about various things and admittedly don't have all the time I used to and got tired of people just ignoring a thread if they may've felt beaten and then getting barraged with dozens of posts for each single one I could put out and rarely ever being convinced by those I've debated with or felt I convinced any of them about anything -- lots of set minds. ;p

I like getting along with everyone I can and often find I relate with athiests and agnostics on a lot of other levels and so am just happy with that.

Peace,

Leonard

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Looks ;like I'm gonna hafta sick some meanass demunz on Flyin and Satanusbastard for cuttinn in on my deal.

Do you mean we hijacked your thread?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Repent! gumby, repent! Ere we stretch ye out upon the rack, yea, even as we did that grubby ancestor of yours, Gumby De Marquis De Sodd! It took seven men seven days to stretch him seven miles!

LO!

repent ye, old barstid!

luvya, ya cranky ole Nietzsche wannabe!

CZAR

• gumby
    gumby

Czar....awww.....I love you too buddy.....but......cranky?...me?!.....Never!

Leological one, I've never met you before......howdy and welcome! I'll check your site out.

Flyin......yer gittin a spankin

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit