same-sex relationships

by mamas 22 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    it is not your dysfunction that your family is incapable of returning your love; it is theirs.

Beautifully put, Swan! Mamas, take it to heart!

Dave

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I am sorry that you're in pain. You will get throught this. I did, by realizing, that it is first up to ME to love and take care of ME. My family is now all out, and so are my closest friends. The fact that I'm gay, now is more a source of fun for us all, than a source of anxiety for just me.

I don't really say too much here, but I give good Bear Hugs.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Hi Mamas. Welcome to the board.

Yes, there are a lot of us here who were once in the same situation as you are. Growing up gay is hard enough, but when you add being a JW to that formula it appears impossible at times.

I was never DF'd. I did a nice, slow fade complicated by a move to another area. However, I did it because I knew that I was gay. I knew it for a long, long time before I was able to admit it to myself. After being out for a couple of years, I met the most wonderful guy. We've been together for six years now. He's not just the love of my life, he's my best friend. I am happy that you have found someone to share your life with. However, I am sorry to hear that your family and friends have blindly done what the bOrg told them to do and shun you. It is a totally unnecessary, unchristian act. I am very blessed that my family no longer shuns me. In fact, they have welcomed my partner into our family with open arms. This is something that I NEVER would have thought possible six years ago.

I know it hurts terribly, but please take it a step at a time. It will all come to you as you are ready for it. Don't get discouraged, like I did, because you aren't as 'out' as some of us here. We all progress at our own pace. And, I'd suspect that there are people reading this who haven't posted at all, who are still 'in,' and haven't come as far as you have.

All my best,
    CountryGuy

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Hi sweetie, I don't see much of my parents, my father I don't see by choice and my mother I see from time to time ... We have built seperate lives mostly because of the JW mind trap .. I refused to live my life trapped, so I live it seperately from them and have a happy and full life regardless, my partner of over 4 years and I are blissfully happy .. in the end we need nobody else but ourselves, in the end we are powerful enough to defeat anything. monk3y

• mamas
    mamas

Country Guy...

are you df'd now? and your family welcomed both of you?! thats great. i guess it holds out hope that one day my famliy will welcome both myself and tanya. but that seems near to impossible. they call her everything in the book....whore bitch slut....i've heard everything. but your story keeps hope in my heart that they will love the both of us one day. i dont know tho. i guess that will truly show their love.

is your family still jehovah witnesses or no?

• mamas
    mamas

monk3y...

are you also gay? is your entire family still jw?

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Yep I'm as homo as they come. My mum is disfellowshiped but is trying to make her way back, to be honest I think she has been in the "Truth" to long to know how to do anything else. Last I heard my dad was disfellowshipped as well, he does really want to have anything to do with me, I hear he knows I'm gay but I haven't had a reation from him yet .. he is just a really messed up person

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Mamas, welcome to the board! I'm out and I'm out! I did not get disfellowshipped for being gay, I came out after I had already left. Because I had simply left, my family would continuously get on me about meetings and dying at armeggedon. Then they found out I was gay. Not a peep in 6 years (until my mom called recently unrelated).

I have been with my partner for about 3 years, known her about 3-1/2.

I too have found family outside my blood relatives. I really never knew what unconditional love was until I met people that believe in you no matter what. Thats a powerful thing to experience. I wish the same for you!

Anytime you want to chat just PM me.

Sherry

• mamas
    mamas

Sherry,

how long had u been a jw before leaving?

• Preston
    Preston

Hi mamas and welcome to the board!

I think there are quite a few people here who are in the same situation as you. I came out of the closet about 5 years ago. My exit, wasn't easy, but necessary. My family took it the hardest, however it has not prevented my partner and I from being in a committed relationship (we got "married" a year ago). I hope things get better for you, you are welcome to email me any time... [email protected]

- Preston

P.S. -- Please don't take the Bush pic seriously, I put him there for comedic effect

Cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit