Jehover's Witness on Discovery Health channel last night -- No Blood

by Elsewhere 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Was the husband really informed?

No. He is not. Watch and you will notice that he does not know that recycled blood is a conscience matter and out-right refuses the option.

Here is that link again.... Click Here to start the download. File size: 42 MB

• Will Power
    Will Power

Else: I agree - with his age and glossed over rehearsed smile, he's remembering the blood ban from the 40s I'm sure. Not up to speed or even willing to accept the new light of factions.

double sad

I'm not of the for or against class, but regarding abortion - or what some call the taking of a life - is the blood in the new baby as sacred as that in the dying woman? Is the blood to be saved and respected or the sacred life of the host it helps support?

Was the blood drawn from donors sacred? If it is the BLOOD that is so sacred, why wouldn't it still be considered so as it waits in the fridge to save a life, esp since the one who gave it is still alive?

When does it stop being sacred?

Pretty cool that the HUMAN body can produce this sacred fluid within its own fleshy vessel.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you very much, Elsewhere, for posting that piece.

I don't see this poor old man as smug, just rehearsed. Yes, I bet he was counting on an n-th hour miracle to rise his wife from the hospital bed. He was poorly informed, as were the medical staff, about the acceptability of recycling his wife's own blood on the spot. Did he review last year's blood video?

The HLC representative had a twitch. I bet he was thinking "liability" the entire time.

The suits were off-putting. Where were the sisters, mothers, aunts, cousins? I want my death supervised by flower-print, nurturing, aggressively pro-life women!

Like my fellow poster, I have decided to respect my husband's wishes about blood. But I, too, will refuse any JW at his bedside...especially any Hospital Liaison Committee member.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When did the use of recycled blood become approved (or a conscience matter), whatever? It was a definite NO-NO when I needed major surgery in '74. I was asked to leave two hospitals when the doctors refused to do the operation after having second thoughts. It was a nightmare because the second time, I was many miles away from home, and the head nurse was yelling at me on how foolish I was (as she threw my things into my suitcase to leave) and I was all alone in a strange city.

I was very weak and very tired and very sick. I then had to call my hubby to pack up the kids and come get me during a blizzard. There had been a 12-car pile up that morning on the highway and the roads were treacherous. All the lives (including my own) were put in danger that morning just because I was stubborn and wouldn't take blood, but remember-------I was pleasing Jehovah-------and I wanted to be in the New Order which was coming REAL soon.......

We finally found a doctor who would operate without blood, and it was touch-and-go for a few days because of my already weakened condition. I had been ill for more than two years as I hunted for a doctor who would deal with me. How I wish the WTS would accept "noo lite" about this and let folks do what they'd really like to do---no coercion, no veiled threats and no repercussions.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread (sorry) but I came so close to dying that year, and *I* could very easily been that woman. This is a sore subject for me. All because of my profound faith and deep loyalty to a publishing company.

Annie

• rocky220
    rocky220

Hate to sound cold, but, She dies and Jehober has 30-40 sisters to take her place! That's how some of them would see it.......rocky220

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Hate to sound cold, but, She dies and Jehober has 30-40 sisters to take her place! That's how some of them would see it.......rocky220

I remember hearing a talk about how each individual JW is not important... if one leaves or is DFed they are simply replaced by another person. I think this talk was actually based on an outline. Are there any elders out there who remember giving this talk?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I didn't mean to hijack the thread (sorry) but I came so close to dying that year, and *I* could very easily been that woman. This is a sore subject for me. All because of my profound faith and deep loyalty to a publishing company.

You're sweet enough to hijack any of my threads anytime you want.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**You're sweet enough to hijack any of my threads anytime you want.

Thanks, Else, you made an old lady's day!

big hugs,

Annie

• Elsewhere
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Catchthis was kind enough to encode this video into files that are MUCH smaller than the origina 42MB file I posted:

(2.0MB) Smaller viewable size

(7.18MB) Larger viewable size

These are WMV files, so you will need Windows Media Player or another viewer that supports this format.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit