NorEaster...stay tuned. we're in for a big blow....

by zev 55 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

Oy we ran out of oil this morning...$400/month for heating oil seems a bit much for a 1-story, 2 BR apt. dontcha think? we are looking into moving...to an apartment that has heat PAID for! Maine winters....oy! My mom had to order oil for us...*sigh*

• Special K
    Special K

Hey J.W. bot.

We vacation in around Maine sometimes. Sebago Lake area.

Special K

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I tried posting earlier, but couldn't..........so, I was out and about at around 2 and we had blue skies! We got about a foot and a half, all told.............but, they've done a good job keeping the roads clear and sanded............I was jonesing for a pie and ice cream so I went to the local grocery store down the road and bought a peach pie and vanilla bean ice cream..........MMMMM!!!!

• jwbot
    jwbot

I want some ice cream cake....or cheese cake....oh man I have had the munchies lately...

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Wow wee, got the snow blower out yet. Yes us too in Ontario were beaten savagely by this snow storm too. Yesterday I heard the plough out three times in our apartment building parking lot. I am so glad we don't have to shovel it.

Our daughter lives in Campbellford and they always have tons of snow and she said at Christmas the snow was already so high. I know they would have gotten that storm too.

Gwenn I am glad your doing okay. Your more than welcome for the Christmas Card, you know me I love doing things like that. I have tons of indoor hobbies I am trying to do. But these last several days I have been up a little more to work on the computer. I got my date for my surgery on my left hip, its March 3rd. so it can snow and stay cold until then, then it has to be nice when i have my operation and come home.

Well you and Zev take care.

Love Orangefatcat.

Terry

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Zev.......how ya'all doing? Food, heat and lights holding up?

It only snows like that back west of you all when all the cows are dropping calfs. Ever dug through a 20 foot drift to get into your barn or house? Or need to tie a rope from your outbuildings to the house porch so you could navigate without getting lost in a blizzard?

Cold so bad it causes large animals like horses and cows to freeze and spilt right up the back-bone.... that's about -35 F for a couple of days in a row.

It does you Easterners a bit of good to get some real weather now and then.

~Hill (laugh at my snow-plow, will ya, class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit