NorEaster...stay tuned. we're in for a big blow....

by zev 55 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

don't do it yet w.g. cuz the worst is supposed to be between now and 6 pm. mostly beteen 6.00am and 12.00 noon today.

stay inside till the worst is over. don't know what you like for local weather, 6, 10, 12 are all running updates on the weather.

maybe your locals are 4, 5 and 7, but i cant get them here.

they are saying that the cape is getting hammered. ri hasnt declared a state of emergency yet, but mass has.

oh, and the windchill is -15 below. stay inside.

i hope we don't loose electricity. this entire house is electric, heat, hotwater, EVERYTHING.

now that its light, i'll snap some more pictures and post them up.

• new light
    new light

This is the most snow we've had in a long time. Looks like living in an apt. building ain't so bad after all---no shoveling!

• zev
    zev

new light:

Looks like living in an apt. building ain't so bad after all---no shoveling!

i hear that noise!

a shot of the view outside one of our bedroom windows...

and this is the view of the other window....

keep an eye on the hydrant......its disappearing....

a close up......

a little blowing and drifting action here.....

view outside our living room window....

live shot from my outdoor web cam.....

• Golf
    Golf

Zev, that fire hydrant looks to be the same HEIGHT in the pictures, let me go back and measure.

What State are you in?

Guest77

• zev
    zev

Rhode Island. about 10 minutes north of Providence.

the reason it looks the same is because pictures dont show depth. if you saw my pictures live last night, there

is a HUGE difference in the height (of the snow)from last night to this morning.

i'm guessing we are in the 20" range at the moment. but i'm not going out there to measure, thats for XXXX sure.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal, I think you meant the "blizzard of '78", not '76.

I remember that morning watching a road grader take one swath down our main road, and the guy was standing up in it, looking for car antennas!

(I'm ready this time).

Hubert, you're right, it was '78..............I was only about 19 or 20 years old, and I'd already met the Dub guy I was going to marry, in fact, we were in the midst of wedding plans for my sister and I would be married a year and 3 months later...........I was working full time at McD's and when Gov. Grasso closed the state, I called in and said I wasn't coming in...........I lived in the country outside of the town it was in...........altho it only took me on average 15 minutes to get to work, that would have been more like 1 hour, if I made it at all..........it was brutal............I went outside after it was all over and one drift by the house was breast high............

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    My cat cries to go out then turns around and cries to come him. He doesn't like the cold on his little paws..poor baby.

My two just sit at the back door out to the patio and you can tell they have NO interest in being out there! LOL! They were born feral, too, so, you know it is not fit for man nor beast right now!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Well, it's now Sunday, AM..........my flag hs been horizontal since early morning...........sustained winds.............nice amount of snow...........and am NOT setting foot outside the door til it all stops and a few hours go by............let the plow clear the parking lots first.........then, I'll dig out. I agree with what Zev said, extremely cold, dangerous windchill outside. Don't risk body parts and skin..............

Ter

• zev
    zev
    Don't risk body parts and skin..............

or any apendeges either

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

It's winter............what where you expecting?

We had over 6 inches of blowing, drifting snow over Friday and Saturday. On top of the foot or so we already had. Temps were less than 15 F for the high and thats a warm up since last week.

When is that damned Spring Equinox again?

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit