I think my cat is a crack addict! :S

by Elsewhere 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ok, it isn't really crack... but it might as well be!

I have to be very careful not to leave any plastic bags anywhere around my apartment or my cat will try to EAT it. Then later he will start puking up all over the place. Seriously, it you put a plastic bag and a bowl of food in front of him, he will eat the bag!

I'm always paying close attention to the plastic bags that I bring home from the store... they all go straight in to a covered trash can so that the cat can't get them.

Now, for the last two days he has been puking all over the place and I can't find any plastic that he might have been eating off of... but I am finding the plastic in his puke... so I know thats what is going one.

He obviously has a secret plastic-stash hidden somewhere that I can't find. He's done this before because he knows that I will take away any plastic I find him with. (When I take the plastic away he gets very irritated.)

Ok, I'm done venting... I think I can hear the cat puking......... Yup... just walked in here to deliver a little "package" next to me.

• frenchbabyface
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Well, there is the 12 step plastics anonymous program. Also the book by catmatic melody catbeatie called letting go of plastic. Further progress in this field is being made as catmatists using scientific tools dig deaply into cat psyches in order to find the roots of plastiholism

Seriously though, my sympathies. For my cat, it was string and thread. Nothing like pulling 5 feet of string out of your cat while she's barfing. How old is your cat. Mine has mellowed as she got older. Also, if there are any toys or anything else that it likes doing, they might distract or occupy it from its addiction.

S

S

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Dude.............be happy that they give you presents in the puke........my cats just puke...........hairballs...........catfood...........or grass depending on the season.........at first I thought from the title and the "plastic baggies"comment.....that YOUR stash was being eaten by the cats........hehe...........

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

If he's not getting his plastic bags at home, I imagine he's having to go out for his fix - assuming your cat isn't housebound?

• Scully
    Scully

I wouldn't let him outside when it's garbage night in your neighbourhood. I bet he'd eat the neighbour's plastic trash bags if he isn't getting any at home.

With my cat, it's a cardboard box fetish. I guess she's not getting enough roughage.

Love, Scully

• Mary
    Mary

Elsewhere, your cat's addiction to plastic is very displeasing to Jehovah. Have you contacted your local elders yet? You should really try to encourage your cat to confess to the elders; that way they can pray over him, read encouraging scriptures and possibly discipline him/her too by either private or public reproof. If your cat still continues to ignore their godly counsel, disfellowshipping might bring the cat to it's senses. Living with you, you would still have to feed the cat and change the kitty litter, but you would no longer be able to enjoy spiritual fellowship with the cat until it turned it's life around.

Hope this helps.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    disfellowshipping might bring the cat to it's senses.

Lol Mary -does that mean he'd be shunned by all the JW cats?

• gumby
    gumby
    Seriously, it you put a plastic bag and a bowl of food in front of him, he will eat the bag!

Elsewhere....that's called uterinephobia. Some cats have horrid memories of being in the uterus(womb) and hate any kinda clear bag cuz they have inborn clostaphobia. Don't ever leave your condoms layin around dude.....these kinda cats REALLY hate THOSE things!

Gumbag

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Lol Mary -does that mean he'd be shunned by all the JW cats?

When it is time to mate, cats tend to forget religious principals. Ok, so do humans much of the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit