Who here went to Pioneer School?

by LDH 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I just wonder how long Poipoi will be pioneering if the bros. find out she is on the internet having such a good time with all of us instead of out selling placing literature and slaughtering feeding the sheep.

• Odrade
    Odrade

The book was updated in 1989 for distribution at the 1990 service year schools. I heard somewhere that there is now another revision.

I remember Peter Michas as well. He was the first C.O. I knew that let everyone have a little glimpse of interests outside of the Organization. At the time we had Yasko (don't remember the first name) as D.O. He was a violinist, so during intermission at the Circuit Assemblies they would play--Yasko on violin, Michas on piano, and a few others with real musical talent, and Michas would sing. Brooklyn soon put the kibosh on that though, saying they were looking for their own glory.

My hubby went the year before I did, so we have both versions of the Illuminators books. Maybe we should sell them on ebay. Ha! His instructors were Maurice O'Callahan, and ? Stingley. O'Callahan is out of the circuit work and lives around here somewhere now. He loved cats, and would sometimes drop in on people in the congregation, just to visit their cat. LOL!

O

• limbo
    limbo

1991 "pioneer school" graduate. sold my useless book.

• keeshah
    keeshah

Mulan, you look like the perfect little JW wifey...pioneer...would never do anything wrong ever...loves Jah with her whole soul... kind of Witness. What happened?! LOL!

Do you mind me asking what year this was.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    At the time we had Yasko (don't remember the first name) as D.O.

Mick Yasko.................He was so fat, that we used to wonder how short the under part of his necktie was.....................the main part had to be soooo long, to cover that tummy. We loved him though. Nice man.

Mulan, you look like the perfect little JW wifey...pioneer...would never do anything wrong ever...loves Jah with her whole soul... kind of Witness. What happened?! LOL!

Do you mind me asking what year this was.

Don't I though? Prim and proper. It was 1992 (August)

• keeshah
    keeshah

Oh, you lasted much longer than me. I was df'd in 1991 (I think). I've only been a "Big A" for the last two years.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Damn, girl, even your KNEES were covered!

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Okay, I found the book. Do you think I could get $150 for it if's got my scribbling all in it?

Nah, didn't think. More's the pity.

I need to see if I can find my school photo. If I can, no laughing at the big hair. This was 1982.

• steve2
    steve2

Such interesting stories about pioneer school. Back in my pioneering days - early to mid 1970s - I don't think there was such a school--- certainly not in New Zealand. Anyway, I feel envious that I missed out.

What comes through the various stories is the shared excitement (at the time) and the sense of companionship. It reminds me that, among my friends in the local congregation, there were a few who were salt-of-the-earth types, wonderfully warm and compassionate people. I love(d) them so much, but, sadly, they were rarities, compared to those who were real "organization" types. Keep the stories coming...I'm enjoying this!

• limbo
    limbo
    Okay, I found the book. Do you think I could get $150 for it if's got my scribbling all in it?

Mine was "scribbled" in. It's been a few years but, I think I did a "buy it now" for $50.

The Pioneer Book really has nothing in it. All the "juicy" JW stuff is in the scribbles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit