First post

by maidden 46 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

I understand the lost feeling!

I wasn't meaning that you *would* rush into another faith, I was just meaning listen to your heart... which you are doing... :) :)

How long have you been a JW? Are you baptised? I was a JW til I was 21 but I managed to avoid being baptised. :)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I was in the organization for over 38 years. I feel I wasted half my life. The thing that would get me is the same things were said week after week after week, year in year out. Then every now and then they throw in a monkey wrench, you know changing the meaning of something like the , the 1914 generation, the ressurection, 607 BCE or a new date for the millieum reign of christ in 1975, years earlier it was in the sixties and then in the 1950s now 2004 2008,22034. blood issue changing. organ transplants. I mean it goes on and on. Since leaving the organization I wish that when I was younger I should have done more research. The society has a great way of glossing things over. New phrases , new ideas, etc etc. Disfellowshipping and all the little rules and regulations they like to change from time to time to make a meeting interesting. Well it worked for along time for me but now I am out and eating a very healthy dose of good food. Wishing I had known then what I know now.

Welcome to JWD maiden. Hope to see more of you on board.

All the best

Orangefatcat

• jgnat
    jgnat

From all your searching, maidden, what are you SURE of?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Maidden

I feel like I'm leaving safe ground to... where? What is there? I've been catholic, evangelist, in spiritism, then jw. Where do I go from here? =/

How many times have we all heard from the podium or other JW's: "This is the Truth. There is no other place to go. We CAN"T "be any part of the world" and still be approved by Jehovah. We are God's chosen ones..." Blah, blah, blah. I would be a rich man if I had a dollar for every time I heard one of those JWisms.

I think most of the people here felt just like you do, ( I know I did ) we were a little scared at first..."Where DO we go from here?" I can answer that very precisely: X-JW's are a very diverse group, they are following their hearts and minds. As long as they are being truthful to themselves, I certainly cannot find any fault in that.

It's really nice NOT to live such a judgmental life, like I did in the past.

• franklin J
    franklin J

welcome to the forum, maiden

frank

• poipoi
    poipoi

Going to the meetings is what helps grow together in one bond in the organization. When we go to the meeting we keep getting our "food". When one stops going it makes it an oppurtunity for satan to work on that. Why is there so much that works agianst you from makin it to meetings?I think that is a good question my self. That is where our personal relationship with Jehovah God comes in to play. When Jehovah is first in our lives and we love him we will do what it takes to keep our relationship. Jehovahs knows what is in your heart and he knows what you can do. Nothing should be placed in between that. Jehovah has commanded to not forsake the gathering, hebrews 10:25 Look for the informatiopn not on what people say what you should do., I like to give a sisterly hello

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Hi there fellow new poster! I made my first post today too. Is this kinda like getting baptized on the same day?

• poipoi
    poipoi

hi right back at ya. I'm somewhat nervous you know putting my cents worth out there. It seems to me, that at first i didn't see, there are a lot here who are quite bitter about the organization. It is what jehoavh uses to accomplish his will. Poeple think that Jehovah witnesses are this snobby think they know it all group of people. lol I love the organization, dosen't mean that we are perfect. We don't publisize that we are. If that was the case why would we need the encouragement , the regular attendence of meeting and a personal study. So many people let others stumble them. It's really sad. There have been recent watchower studys that discuss that very issue. I really do appreciat your hello.

I had gone to a convention in alaska and during the prayer I went over to a sister i didn't know and held her hand. We should look past our differences and faults so that we can maitian our love for one another and our relationship with Jehovah God. I'll give sisterly hello

• glitter
    glitter

I love the organization, dosen't mean that we are perfect.

But the organisation is directed by Jehovah God! The teachings and policies come directly from Jehovah God. So they SHOULD BE PERFECT.

If God is perfect (which you of course believe he is) and God is directing the organisation (which you of course believe he is), then nothing about it should be even slightly wrong.

No teaching should be adjusted, no bad person should go unpunished, no good person should be overlooked and no-one should ever say "we aren't perfect".

• Valis
    Valis

welcome maiden. It isn't easy living without doubt of some kind, but if you stop looking you become complacent and succumb to lazy ideas like being a Jehovah's Witness. Now you might say they are not lazy peope, going to meetings three times a week, going out in service, studying for meetings, going to conventions, but what about the intellect? Or one's emotions or a feeling of real spirituality? To me it is just plain lazy to think that Armageddon is coming and that all the world around you is somehow going to disappear one day. That all the problems we have to deal with as humans go away just because we do the things I mentioned above. It gets you off the hook for trying to better yourself and the lives of others plain and simple. Once again, welcome and stick around, lots of good people here to learn from AND laugh at. *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit