WHAT IMPACT WOULD A UFO LANDING HAVE ON RELIGION?

by Mary 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I was watching Independence Day last week, and I got to thinking "what would happen if a UFO (or several for that matter), did land on earth? What effect would this event have on religions that teach that God has only created life on planet earth? Specifically, how do you think the Governing Body would attempt to explain this to 6,000,000 people that they've told in no uncertain terms, that there is no other intelligent life out there.

Would we see a breakdown of society in general? Would everyone abadon religion over night?

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Religion? Unsure. The WTBTS - they would manipulate a Scripture to accommodate it while stating they prophesied it 50 years ago. They would then release a publication which would include quotes supporting this (altered) from ancient copies of the Watchtower.

Am I in the running for the most Cynical person on the Board?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Perhaps it depends where it lands...

• Preston
    Preston

I think being at Church on Sundays would get lonely.....er!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The Jehover Witnesses will drive by and give the aliens a bunch of books and magazines, then mark their territory card "complete" and mark down their time on their timesheet. Afterward they will gather at a local donut shop and brag about how their new study is "Out of this world!!!" (then mark down more time on their timesheet).

Also, all of the psycho fundie christians will run up to the aliens demanding that they accept Jebus as their lord and savior... then tell them that if they don't they will burn in hell forever.

The aliens will mistake this as a prelude to war and vaporize the earth to make way for a new inter-galactic space-way.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have not studied enough other religions to determine whether or not they teach that God only made life here on earth.

I do not think it is impossible that there is life elsewhere. I am convinced that at the very least there is plant life, and perhaps some animals on some of the other trillions of planets in the universe.

I find it hard to believe that the earth is the only planet that can sustain life. Who knows?? Maybe part of heaven is visiting these other planets??

That being said, I don't think we will ever see aliens on our planet in our lifetime. At least not that is depicted in the movies and tv.

• Mary
    Mary
    The Jehover Witnesses will drive by and give the aliens a bunch of books and magazines, then mark their territory card "complete" and mark down their time on their timesheet. Afterward they will gather at a local donut shop and brag about how their new study is "Out of this world!!!" (then mark down more time on their timesheet).

ROFLMFAO!! Geeze, you could pioneer by doing this! What if the Borg (from Star Trek TNG) showed up? Can't you just see a conversation between a pioneer and a member of the Collective:

Pioneer: Hello, how are you today?

Borg: Earth creature.......primative.

Pioneer: Well we were just calling on you and your borg friends to ask them if they think they'll ever come a time when God will put a stop to all the wickedness we see in the world today.

Borg: A foolish question. All earth will be assimilated into the Borg.

Pioneer: Well if I could just direct your attention to a scripture in Psalms 37 vs. 10 & 11, note what it says "....and just a little while longer and the wicked one will be no more." Doesn't that sound nice?!

Borg: All wickedness will be assimilated. You will service US.

Pioneer: Well actually, we'll all be serving Jehovah God. You'll have those implants removed and once more your flesh will be like the flesh of the youth. Would you like to know how you can live in such a world? Resistence is futile! I would like to offer you a home bible study. I'll come by here every week for one hour whether you like it or not. Your life as you knew it, is over.

Borg: (faultering).....well......but, that is my line to you.........warning, warning, danger, danger..........

Pioneer: Fine. I'll see you next week. Here's a couple of magazines that I'll be quizzing you on too, so make sure you read them.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

LMAO!!!! ---- and that bit with the implants and flesh of youth or "that's my line"--- too rich!!!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Mary-

that was funny..

u/d

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    They would then release a publication which would include quotes supporting this (altered) from ancient copies of the Watchtower.

LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit