WHAT IMPACT WOULD A UFO LANDING HAVE ON RELIGION?

by Mary 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It'd have a high impact in society, but I believe religion in general would find a way to explain it.

DY

• vitty
    vitty

Mary

That was virtualy what I use to say word for word (only 7 months ago) I laughed so much, but then felt like crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where we really that insane

• Gill
    Gill

Why should it be shocking!

After all, God is an alien.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

1. Religion wouldn't believe it or accept proof, claim it was all a hoax.

2. Religion would continue to accept miracles, the fact that the Bible is the word of God, that Mary was a virgin when she got pregnant, and the masses would continue to believe religion.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It would depend on many factors not the least of which what they SAID when they got out of the spaceship! I'm actually writing a novel about this very topic! Don't talk it to death or I'll never get on Oprah! LOL

• filip
    filip

AH that was funny! I laughed my guts out! Thats exactly the same thing we say here in Denmark too, when were out doing field service.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I remember at an assembly a few years ago how it was stated that aliens couldn't exist because the bible mentioned nothing about them.

According to that logic, marijuana, tobacco, cats, nuclear weapons, condoms, independent thinking, archeology and Jehovah's Witnesses didn't exist.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If the UFO took all the dubs back with them,no one would notice but us.....OUTLAW

• Mary
    Mary
    I remember at an assembly a few years ago how it was stated that aliens couldn't exist because the bible mentioned nothing about them. According to that logic, marijuana, tobacco, cats, nuclear weapons, condoms, independent thinking, archeology and Jehovah's Witnesses didn't exist.

I've used that argument too....the bible doesn't mention anything about dinasaurs, yet we have concrete proof that they existed, so their argument on that is absurd. But I do wonder what alot of the die-hards in my Hall would do if we had concrete proof that someone from another planet landed on earth.......I think after the initial shock, that they would feel that it was Satan trying to "blind the minds of the unbelievers" by "transforming himself into an angel of light alien." Somehow, some way, they'd blame it on Satan.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Wouldn't affect my faith at all as it acknowledges inteligent life on other planets. It's only a matter of time and technical development before science confirms it.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit