Not Too Bad A Cult.... In Comparison To Others. Let's Talk About Cults.

by Doubtfully Yours 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I saw an episode of a day talk show the other day in which they interviewed these two women that were part of a polygamous cult in Utah. The cult was referred to as 'The Order'.

Men married many young wives, and these were expected/forced to breed in large numbers. These women worked for the cult. They described an awful existance within this particular cult.

These two women escaped with the help of some minister. They said it's nearly impossible to infiltrate these organizations, let alone help others leave.

While I was watching it I thought: Well, well, well, in comparison, the WTBTS is now half as bad as these idiots. So you all see, it can always be worst.

Do you all know or have heard of other cults that in comparison are far worse than the WTBTS?

DY

• unique1
    unique1

True, Noone made me drink Kool-aid, nor did I have to kill myself for the aliens to pick me up and I didn't have the government come and blow me up like the branch dividians, so I guess it is a nicer cult than most.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Good Morning America just had a peice about "The Family" cult and they are going to do a "PrimeTimeLive" special on it.

Evidently, they had allowed older members to have sex with younger children and believed that sharing love was the way... very sick and twisted, lots of sexual abuse. The changed official policy in the 80's that they did not condone that, but the founding member's son was suppposed to be the next great leader and he was about 30 years old and committed murder and then suicide a few days ago and left a videotaped suicide note about the cult. He murdered a woman who was his abuser for many years and a member of the cult.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Not sure how dangerous they are, but they sure are the maddest, yet strangly compelling.

http://www.rael.org/english/index.html

• upside/down
    upside/down

That's like saying I'm glad they cut off my hand, at least they didn't cut off my "johnson".

And by the way the "cult" you mentioned in Utah with all the impregnated young women...

Um how is that a bad deal for the dude? In Love Isn't it only the uppity little,femi/nazi, non-submissive beeatches that have a problem with it?

Gimme some of that ol' time religion! lol (relax- I'm kidding).

u/d

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I found the link to the story and it includes a 4 page "official response" from thier cult leader. It's really sick listening to the wording about being sexually liberated and they finally had to take a stand in 1986 and make it an actual ex-communicable offense to have sex with a minor.

Anyways, for anyone that wants to read the story, here it is.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Primetime/story?id=420946&page=1

• Dustin
    Dustin

And those are all good reasons never to join a religion again.

Dustin

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

This is the third time in my life I have been touched by a cult.

The first was going to the International Church of Christ. I was 8 when we left and my mother suffered terribly. It's very similar to leaving the Jehovahs Witnesses. We were shunned and my mother was even slapped across the face in public for leaving "God"

Then a few years later a very close life long friend of my mother joined the Moonies. I remember when she came home because one of her parents was dying. She was not allowed to stay with them because they disapproved of the organization and she stayed with me and my mom. She had to call someone to ask to eat, drink, and use the bathroom. She also spent a lot of the day meditating and making very odd noises while doing this. She is still in some off shoot of them and she was so vibrant and wonderful before they touched her and she is so different now.

The third being the Jehovahs Witnesses. I am still so angry that my husband doesn't see them for what they are and what they do to families. Thankfully at least he agree's that they stink in how they handle sexual abuse of children and protecting the congregants.

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Oh My Gosh JustTickeledPink, that is terrible, it turns my stomach.

Anyhow, i suppose that their are groups out that here that are more extreme then others, it has always been that way and will always be that way. It seems like they are trying to out-do eachother with different ways of control.
    This doesnt make the wts less of cult, it just shows how much more sneaky and organised they can be. Harboring pedophiles is something i consider sneaky, they try and tip toe around the laws of the land, and that is something they are guilty of controlling.

Just my 2 cents on the issue.

MonkeyPrincess

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Oh My Gosh JustTickeledPink, that is terrible, it turns my stomach.

Anyhow, i suppose that their are groups out that here that are more extreme then others, it has always been that way and will always be that way. It seems like they are trying to out-do eachother with different ways of control.
    This doesnt make the wts less of cult, it just shows how much more sneaky and organised they can be. Harboring pedophiles is something i consider sneaky, they try and tip toe around the laws of the land, and that is something they are guilty of controlling.

Just my 2 cents on the issue.

MonkeyPrincess

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit