Conti Appeal Preview - Oral Argument Jan 14

by Chaserious 111 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They knew he had issues with young girls and they still ALLOWED him to go out in service, going to doors of strangers who had not only no knowledge of this man, but who were told that these people are "ordained ministers" which gives them a sense of security that was false-thinking that they represented a religious organization and had been in some way vetted by them to be decent human beings. 

They failed when they didn't remove his publisher status. No (JW) sex offender that is known to them or can be known from police/court records should be representing (any) religion in any fashion. 

Period.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

It all comes down to what you know and when you knew it, then....what you chose to do about it.....

Anyone on this forum that blames Candace for anything is an idiot,  good touch, bad touch, whatever.  Every parent has the obligation to teach their kids about such things, but blame the kid if they are manipulated...idiot.

The appellate court has a lot to work with here.....I am hoping that they will confirm the lower court decision.  There are so many organizations out there where concern over perception is more important than virtue.

In all of this, ask yourselves one question,  How interested were the elders in Fremont with the well-being of Kendricks step-daughter?  That may have some bearing on why they chose not to warn others....

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Paedophilia is a crime, not a sin. Any confession of such crime to an elder should be promptly reported to the police. Failure to do so makes the elder an accomplice of the past and future abuse...plain and simple. If the WT instructions are to deal with the matter internally they are also to blame...do the crime, pay the fine.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    Marking.
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@ Separation of Powers

Also, ask yourselves; how interested were the CPS, the Police and district attorney who all sent Kendrick back home to live with his step-daughter in her well-being?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It doesn't matter what the police did or didn't do. The case is about the WTBTS and their failure to act. Jonathan Kendrick is not the only Pedo the WTBTS has failed to weed out. 

The WTBTS has a history of failure in this area. I have personally confronted Elders in my congregation because they failed to disclose important info about a publisher to all the parents. To their credit, the BOE admitted that they dropped the ball. We will get no such statement from the GB. 

So, Nitty Gritty, what's your deal. You start posting around the time he WTBTS starts their oral arguments, and you seem like a WT apologist. Are you an Elder at HQ???

DD

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@ DATA-DOG

No, ultimately it doesn't matter what the police did or didn't do. I was just answering a poster who said "In all of this, ask yourselves one question,  How interested were the elders in Fremont with the well-being of Kendricks step-daughter"? I was implying that it had nothing to do with not being interested in someone's well being.

First of all why should it matter who I am, and why do you think I am a JW apologist? Just because I don’t scream hang them! Like the rest? I am interested in intelligent, logical and reasonable arguments. For or against, it doesn’t matter. I ignore anyone who passes judgments without even being familiar with the case in question. That’s just dumb. (I am not necessarily saying you are one of them). The fact that I am on here just when the WTS is starting their oral arguments is just a coincidence.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just curious... The WTBTS is not the only organization with pedos, but they shouldn't get away with covering over their transgressions. If there is a GOD, they have much to answer for. They may have more to answer for, since they claim to be God's only channel of truth. 

At any rate, I'm confident that the jurors made the right decision in the Conti case. The WTBTS should get there day in court like everyone else. It's just really sad the way they preach of Christian principles, but look for legal loopholes to avoid accepting responsibility.

Not faithful, not discreet. 

DD

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

@ Nitty Gritty

I wont ask that cause as you know the ORG is all that matters to a witness.  Having been an elder, when two brothers had a business dealing that went awry, the counsel given by the ORG has been that of the apostle Paul, that, essentially, matters be dealt with "in house."  Back when these events occurred, from my perspective, there was a mentality of keeping it "in house".  There are many people that would probably attest to the pressure put on them of not disclosing these type of events to other members of the congregation for fear that they would be deemed "slanderers" because of the two-witness rule.  It is a shame that this type of mentality existed back then.  It IS a question of protection by the elders  NOT the police,  NOT the CTS.  When you teach people that all they need is found within the confines of the spiritual paradise, you tell them that they should approach the elders for counsel on everything from marital problems to depression and then you throw your hands up in front of the court and say we have no special relationship...something is quite wrong.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The 800 pound gorilla in this discussion is the track record of the WTBTS.

Go as far back as you want and you can see that they have been consistently reckless with the health and welfare of it's members.

Be it anti science, sub standard medical advice, anti vaccines and transplants and the blood doctrine they have caused thousands of needless deaths.

The Elders are notorious for being uninformed about mental health issues,  marriage counseling and criminal repeat offenders. 

By waiting on the Society to get around to counseling them on what to do about a pedophile the Elders compounded the problem. The Society by the way has thousands of letters in it's files about this issue.

Pedophilia is a fact within any group but among churches including the JW's it has proven to be an on going problem because of trust issue's. JW Elders and MS. CO's. can not be trusted to protect the children any more then you can trust the Catholic Church to turn in pedophile priests.

The importance of the Conti trial is that the Society and Elder arrangement is being exposed to the light of day as a religious construct that is not only false but reckless and dangerous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit