• Dansk
    Dansk

Well Done, Penny! 607 did it for me, too! http://www.607v587.com/

Love to you and your family,

Ian

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thanks for sharing your story Penny.

Many good wishes and happiness for your family's future.

HappyDad

• Puternut
    Puternut

Penny,

Thanks for sharing your story. You now know the truth about the 'truth'. Painful eye opener, but essential for your well being and peace.

Puternut

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well done, Penny.

I could have written most of what you said from my own experience. But it took my whole life to get to that point. I am now almost 50, and free. I did not spend time away from the organization before leaving though, and I had no community for support at all. Just my wife of 30 years. And she left with me, Amen.

Welcome.

Jeff

• myvalk
    myvalk

penny... wonderful story. not so much the facts, just the courage to do what you did.

youre a strong woman.

thank you.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Well done!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Penny,

I enjoyed your post---and I could relate to most of it. I vividly remember staying up until 2-3 AM pouring over the JW "tell-all" sites and getting more and more upset. I fought it all the way---thinking it just couldn't be TRUE!!! And yet things always panned out to be just the opposite. I was so afraid that I'd get caught reading these things---here I was---a grown woman, acting as if I was into something illegal! I spent so many nights peering over my shoulder and hoping no one was looking in the windows!

When I finally, after 5-6 devastating months, admitted that I had made SUCH a horrible mistake, then I had to face just what to DO with my new-found knowledge. It was such a terrible time and I was so alone-I had nobody to share all this with and talk to about.

I did find a support group (only women who were exJWs) online and they helped me through the roughest moments of my life. I shudder to think what I may have done without them to lean on.

Nobody can imagine the extent of anger and loss of trust when you go through this---except another JW. Its not like deciding to color your hair or exchange something at the store that you are unhappy with---it strikes down into the deepest part of yourself, especially when you raise kids in it and centered your whole life around it for decades.

I'm still angry with the deliberate, cold, calculating and clever deception of the WTS, and how it's still merrily going on doing this to anyone within their grasp. I wonder if that hatred will ever go away.......

Thanks again for sharing your story.

hugs,

Annie

• Dustin
    Dustin

Thanks for sharing. That was a very interesting story. I always enjoy hearing what drove others out. I'm happy for you that were able to escape.

Dustin

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Thanks everyone. You can relate the facts of an exit out of the organization, but there's just no way to accurately convey the emotions involved. Suffice it to say it would take at least 100 pages to really describe it.

At least I know there are so many others who've gone through the same.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

very interesting story.I am also trying to fade but my wife is making it very difficult and I often think how great it would be if she did with me,I'd love to feel that weight lifted off my back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit