Good Afternoon, Jehovah! OOps, sorry, sorry....

by Englishman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Narkissos,

There was this story (true or false, but given as true) in the French Bethel that once a very tired brother who was in charge of the phone switchboard was asked to say the lunch prayer and unwittingly began with the standard introduction: "Hello, Jehovah's Witnesses speakin'"

lol.... I also heard of one JW at the French Bethel who fell asleep during a meeting and awoke half way through the talk thinking that the meeting had ended. He began to clap enthusiastically. When he noticed that people were turning to look at him, he began to clap around his head pretending that he was trying to trap a mosquito....lol A prayer faux pas to remember was that of Milton Henschel who closed an assembly with prayer a few years ago saying, "Jehovah, we approach you through your Organization" - a Freudian slip which he quickly corrected. Still I guess that is better than the JW who once suggested in a talk that 'Jesus was ressurected and now had exactly the same kind of immorality as his Father". Best regards - HS

• simplesally
    simplesally

I think it is inappriopriate to tell others how to pray to a God that is supposed to be your Friend and Father. I say Good Morning to my co-workers, to my Dad, my daughter, my boss and the housekeeping ladies at work. I think you need to greet each person when you have contact with them. If the President of the United States was my boss, I would say, "Good Morning Sir."

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I guess F*#k You Jehovah is out of the question then. ??

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

" Have a nice day, Jehovah ! "

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

What about "Dear Jehovah, I hope you are well...."?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Interesting; yet to my mind, the JWs' casual way of addressing God Almighty, i.e. ``Jehovah this" and ``Jehovah that" to the exclusion of such reverential forms of address as ``God Almighty" strikes me as a practice that would seem to encourage that sort of off-handedness.

Here's a related thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/30486/1.ashx

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I remember this MS who was ending the Service Meeting and the brother who introduced him said:"and now, to close this meeting with "a Payer and a Song", and the MS got to the platform and started praying...after he was done praying, we all said Amen and then started singing...funny

• vitty
    vitty

I remember a talk where the brother told us we shouldnt start a prayer with "Dear Jehova"

And another when the PO TOLD us we should start the day with a 20 minute prayer like he did

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

What? Do they want them to say, "Get bent, Jehovah"?

I see nothing wrong with a nice little greeting to a deity every once in a while. It doesn't hurt.

laters

kaykay_mp

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

xjw-b12 ... (don't even think about it) ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit