Good Afternoon, Jehovah! OOps, sorry, sorry....

by Englishman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

"oooh, Lord, you are so big, so absolutely huge..."

laters

kaykay_mp

• glitter
    glitter

I've never said "Good afternoon, Jehovah", it never occurred to me to speak to Jehovah like he was an actual person who loved me! I think it's a lovely way of praying though, if someone prayed like that they'd feel *close* to God and Jesus... obviously which is something that would be a threat to the WT!

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    I've never said "Good afternoon, Jehovah", it never occurred to me to speak to Jehovah like he was an actual person who loved me! I think it's a lovely way of praying though, if someone prayed like that they'd feel *close* to God and Jesus... obviously which is something that would be a threat to the WT!

It makes the Society sound like a jealous boyfriend or something. And Jehovah would be like, "oh my god, um myself! I can't believe they're fighting over little ol' me!" I keed. I keed. Sorry, God! laters kaykay_mp

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Glitter,

Good point! The WT really doesn't want the rank and file drawing all close to Jehovah with the warm fuzzies. The GB wants the rank and file to think of Jehovah as the slaughterer that will take your life and your childrens life if you piss him off.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Guess asking personal questions is out of order then as well .... too bad, always wanted to ask what He thought about Jesus and Mary Magdalena

-
    And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Gawd! erm Jahovah! You guys are funny!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Dear John, er, Jehovah,

As you know...after a number of years, relationships sometimes grow apart, well...change. Remember, we talked about seeing other people? Well, you see, I've sorta 'met' someone.

What? You say you knew...? WTF ?

Rabbit

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I suspect that "Abba" was even more familiar in Biblical times than "Good afternoon."

Not that I really care...

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

lol @ Rabbit

There should be a "be kind to your Jehovah" day?

kidding! kidding! I'm going straight to hell for this. Oh, well, at least I can dress light.

laters

kaykay_mp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit