cmon,i couldn't help it!!!!welcome!

• franklin J
    franklin J

welcome to the forum, moshe

Frank

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    No one ever thinks to ask a Jew what they teach the Messiah to be-

It's because of this that I was able to stump my JW friend.

Devon

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

moshe,

Welcome to the board! I'm not a member of any of the "Religions of the Book" - the JW's managed to entirely ruin the Bible for me. Recent events, though, are making me a little mellower.

Why Georgia,

"My Godparents are Orthodox Jews and very wonderful and accepting people.
    It doesn't surprise me. There are qualities in Judaism that tend to break down separatism, fundamentalism, and cliquishness. I love the religous culture of debate and idea-testing, of questioning God.

I just happened to watch Trembling Before G-d, a film about gay and lesbian Orthodox Jews. Watching Rabbi Steve Greenberg talk, I realized that my conscience is Jewish and has been all my life. But not frum, not at all. The rest of me is some kinda polyamorous pagan hippie thing.

Gently Feral

• Scully
    Scully

Hi Moshe and welcome!

I looked into the Jewish faith for a couple of years after leaving the JWs. I enjoyed what I learned and grew in appreciation of Jewish culture and traditions. I was even invited to attend a community celebration of Chanukah a few years ago with my children, and we had a marvellous time.

I have had very interesting exchanges with a couple of Rabbi and explained my JW roots to them and why I was interested in researching Judaism.

I hope you enjoy your visits here.

Shalom

Love, Scully

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Welcome,

Hubby and I find the Jewish faith and culture fascinating.

wanna

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Hi Moshe,

Glad to see you found this forum. Unlike Towerwatch, you will find much more diversity here. Most of the people are terrific and more open to a different way of thinking.

Warm regards,

-Dianne

• Dansk
    Dansk

Can't some of you spell? It's GOD, not G-D!

Ian

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

P-cky, p-cky, p-cky!

• beebee
    beebee

Dansk, Observant Jews neither say the formal name of "God" nor write it unless it is in prayer. When teaching prayers in Hebrew, we say "adoshem" instead of "adonai" for the same reason (yes I typed it this time for the purposes of explanation). I could type "Jehovah" but then...well heck...I don't have to! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit