JW's and star trek?

by bboyneko 25 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

Closer2Fine,

No, on General Hospital. I'm not home on days. I stayed home once
    20+ years ago to watch it when everbody said that I looked like Luke, though. No kidding, somebody asked me for my autograph!!!

Yes, it strikes me as pathetic that a group that enforces ignorance and superstition relishes inheriting something so diametrically opposed to their abilities.

Look at some of the comments on how Bethel, etc. is run internally.
    Randy at Freeminds.org did an article on how backward the plant systems were used. Look that one up. I do factory upgrades daily as my job. It takes talent to do those things smartly. Assuming that there is/was that huge 'pouring out of holy spirit' that they claim, it still takes more than 50 year old techniques and equipment to do an efficient job. They were and probably are way behind the power curve on having a 'smart operation'.

Randy's evidence shows that the holy spirit really isn't there. Notice that they seem to have a lack of talent, i.e. looking for brothers w/ skill to go into servitude at Brooklyn. If J's blessing were on them, volunteers would have beat the door down.

Not StarFleet, that's for sure.

Mustang

• worf
    worf

Claudia,

Yes, I remember that well.I mentioned it in my reply above and it was called "The Return Of The Archons".My brother and I always talk about this episode too in comparing it to the wts.It has everything in it that reminds us of the wts: Assimilation into "the body" as you mentioned, strange rituals such as "festival" that everyone is supposed to take part in, cowards who know the truth about Landru but are afraid to stand up for what is right because they fear Landru's supposed power.
    Excellent example of the fraudulent wts.
    worf

• X51
    X51

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome aboard, X51! What better way to make your presence known than to bump a 7 year old thread :)

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

GOOD FIND Newbie! Great thread.

W E L C O M E

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

As a relative old-timer, I grew up with TOS. It was Satanic, of course. But it spoke to my values - equality, exploration, diplomacy.

Everything the WTS did not have on tap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit