Animal sensors/toll way

by Mac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mac
    Mac

Ramano is the one! ;P mac

• Mac
    Mac

By the way.I'm talking about the notification lights on the road...not those useless plastic thingies you place on yer bumper..my insurance company used to give a discount if you had them installed but, has since retracted that offer.wonder why??

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Glad to hear that you and the deer are okay, Mac!

I can't count the number of times I have hit deer out here...or for the fact that they have hit me! Out here..where there is one deer usually means more! They are so unpredictable too...you would think they would keep running across the road, but NOOOOOOOOO they turn, bob, weave. arrgghhh...

A few years back I had a wolf run into the front side quarter panel of my car! Did LOTS of damage..stunned the wolf too but didn't kill it. Called the DNR and they said more than likely he was chasing a deer! hehe...

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Only once hit a deer nearly at our front door - but it managed to run away and I did'nt found some laying near the road, so I think he was'nt hurt...

We don't have "sensors" here, only warning signs that there may be deers.....

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

think about this, Mac: if you drove like I do on I-90, then you would have been several miles further down the road by the time that deer hopped across the pavement.

• Valis
  • seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Scootergirl -

I can't count the number of times I have hit deer out here...or for the fact that they have hit me! Out here..where there is one deer usually means more! They are so unpredictable too...you would think they would keep running across the road, but NOOOOOOOOO they turn, bob, weave. arrgghhh...

A few years back I had a wolf run into the front side quarter panel of my car! Did LOTS of damage..stunned the wolf too but didn't kill it

Say, that's quite a place you live in girl! Isn't it time for a few more photos of your beautiful locale? Please? .

• Mac
    Mac

Wow Scoots, sounds like you bagged your limit...hope they were in season!!! :) Like you I'm tucked away in the woods so I have to keep my eyes peeled all the time. I've been fortunate to only have bumped one in the tail in all these years but there have been many a close call and as you said...when there is one there are usually more and you can almost place bets that after they have all passed there will be that one straggler that was just waiting for you to proceed forward again.....grrrrrrrr!

Dan, it's common knowledge that I have a reaction time of 1 minute and 27 seconds...do you really think it advisable for me to drive like you?? ;P

Val...though they may be effective, those damned deer whistles make my glands hurt after blowing on them for a while. :)

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* Mac...they are electronic, which may be why you got less squeal out of your blow job...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Mac
    Mac

LOL.....it was more of a hum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit