Animal sensors/toll way

by Mac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mac
    Mac

Don't trust them!!!!! Was coming home to Indiana from Ohio early this morning on the toll road and a deer landed right in front of me...no time to break or swerve and a fraction of a second and amazing leaping skills saved his/her life and maybe mine!!! I couldn't help thinking about the fact that I'm not a speeder (Hell, I even make complete stops at signs...James Dean, I'm not!) and that if I'd been going just 5 miles faster per hour it might have changed my future forever. Just a silly thought though......if I'd been driving at the minimum speed of 45 instead of 65 I'd not even had to think about braking...LOL!!!
    Point is....those animal alerts are not something to be dependent upon so, be careful!!!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Hi Mac

• Mac
    Mac

Hey, there Britches...is that a new lipstick? ;) Howz ya doin'? :) mac

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm fine. I just wanted to pop in and say 'hi'. I haven't been posting much, but it's good to see you here when I do.

I have no comment on your thread topic really, only to say that I'm glad you're okay.

• Simon
    Simon

Look at it another way - if' you'd have been going faster you would have been well past the spot where it jumped out when it did

• Mac
    Mac

LOL, Simon..I think 85 might have done it! :) mac

• Mac
    Mac

Thank you Bridget. Don't be a stranger...(at least not stranger than me!!!:P) mac

• Been there
    Been there

My car got wrecked once because of a deer. Easter Sunday 1999. The deer survived and ran off into the woods. It isn't any fun thats for sure, causes lots of damage.

Glad you missed it Mac. About the Sensors.........I think you have to be going fast enough for wind to blow thru them, for them to work.

Been there, aka Speed Racer.

• Mac
    Mac

LOL.Go Speed Racer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Doh!

A deer!

A female deer!

Ray..

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit