Should JWs be allowed to adopt children?http://jehovahs-witness.adoption.co

by Brummie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    the chance that they could one day be shunned by their adoptive parents if they disobey the rules.

Yes, I was shunned by both, though my mom was much more accepting than my dad. They were even very rude and disrespectful at times due to their beliefs. I still appreciated my parents and how I was raised, even before I knew much about my birth family, because I saw how others in the "world" had been raised, and knew it could have been worse, much worse.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well Brenda (kiss) that has swung my opinion to more of a favourable one towards JWs and adoption, I would have never said "no way they should never be allowed to adopt", but I would be very concerned for the mental impression JWs have on the upbringing of the child, after reading the veiw of one who WAS adopted I'd go with voting yes to allowing it..

Thx

x x x

Brummie

• Redneck
    Redneck

To adopt a child there is alot of hoops to jump thru and there are things you have to agree NOT to do..In some if not all corporal punishment is not allowed..I believe the blood issue should be included in that..

There are other religions that arent what there cracked upto be either,however there given children..Most people I was raised with in the cong were good people..And would deserve a chance to have a child as anyone else..

Should they be allowed to adopt....YES

They should be allowed to and there is not a legal reason they shouldn't..BUT on a personnel level I wouldn't want to see it..So many oppurtunities in life can be taken away by following the JW ways of life..A person may never reach there full potential in life because they realize the Truth is just lie to late..

Would I want them to? ...NO

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

You got it, Redneck! I' m in full agreement. On a 'personnel' level, they should not be allowed to adopt.

• M.J.
    M.J.

While on the subject of adoption...There's this LDS family who has adopted a total of 35 "special needs" children from all different countries, all on a $35K / yr salary, adoption subsidy & social security checks. Plus they receive all kinds of support and free labor from their LDS bretheren.

http://www.nusd.k12.az.us/nhs/gthomson.class/articles/articles2001-02/jameson.adopt/gift.of.adoption.html

I wonder if there are similar JW families who embrace adoption from the standpoint of religious conviction?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit