Should JWs be allowed to adopt children?http://jehovahs-witness.adoption.co

by Brummie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Biker, good points! I have a story about a JW family who were turned down adoption because of their faith.

Tiger, I do agree but am just trying to see both sides of the story.

Thx peeps.

Brummie

• Brummie
    Brummie

I just added the url into the title and then noticed the web site says:

There currently aren't any Jehovah's Witness parents listed Looks like we havent got much to worry about Brummie

• avishai
    avishai

"F" no.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Brummie I have in my life only known one JW family who adopted a child. They adopted her when she was about 2 years of age from an Indian (American) family, very taboo for American Indians to give up their children.

Shortly after they adopted (after 10 years of trying to have children) they got pregnant and had two of their own. The oldest daughter (adopted one) who had ties with her Indian family became just like her mother a slut. The younger two children didn't have problems and all three were raised by the same parents, same house, same rules ect....Sometimes I wonder if it's in the genes?

Anyway good thread Brummie!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Go to the following site and cast your vote.

http://www.thewatchtower.org

• Brummie
    Brummie

Sometimes I wonder if it's in the genes?

Yes! Could very well be.

Kenneson, when was that question put on that site? Are we kinda thinking alike or was it put up in response to this thread?

Brummie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Don't know Brummie. I saw it before I viewed your thread.

• Brummie
    Brummie

s'ok, I worked it out, it was put there in October, lol

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    If a judge asked you to help him decide the answer to the opening question, would you argue in favour or against?

if a judge asked me to help him decide, i would tell him/her truthfully everything that happened to me and to people who i knew, and what i know about Jehovah's Witnesses as a group and how as a group they view and treat children, then let him or her decide...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

<< Brenda here, piping up loud and clear

I was adopted by JW's who had 3 children. Their youngest was 10 years older than me. They were 39 when they took me in. Before the adoption was finalized (there was a legal fight, too, long story, confused birthmother) I was in the hospital for over a month, near death with a sever staph infection. They paid the entire bill out of pocket because I was not legally theirs yet.

I was raised well. My parents are good people. I was given freedoms with responsibilities underscored. I was disciplined when they said they would, but not embarrased by them.

My half-siblings didn't have it as well as I did. My mom had absolutely no problems getting pregnant and had several childrent out of wedlock. She was disfellowshipped and reinstated a couple of times. She had one husband who was extremely violent and abusive to even his own children. However, her last husband loved her and cherished her deeply until her death by car accident. She was also disfellowshipped over her adultry with him - she got preggers - but was finally able to let it go.

I would not restrict adoption by religion. Period.

Hugs

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit