Should JWs be allowed to adopt children?http://jehovahs-witness.adoption.co

by Brummie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

If they were unable to produce their own?

What would be you're response to that question?

Consider that they are just human and have the same paternal instincts as most people do, the desire to be a mom & dad, to hold a lil bundle of joy, or to nurse and care for a child etc Their doctrine and faith is one of honesty and trust and will install in a child the values of keeping the law, avoiding such things as drug abuse, theft and harming others.

Now consider the bad side, the blood issue, the 2 witness rule, the kingdom hell slapping library, the isolation in school, the chance that they could one day be shunned by their adoptive parents if they disobey the rules.

If a judge asked you to help him decide the answer to the opening question, would you argue in favour or against?

edited late to add this url: http://jehovahs-witness.adoption.com/

Brummie

• missy04
    missy04
    Now consider the bad side, the blood issue, the 2 witness rule, the kingdom hell slapping library, the isolation in school, the chance that they could one day be shunned by their adoptive parents if they disobey the rules.

If a judge asked you to help him decide the answer to the opening question, would you argue in favour or against?

Brummie

AGAINST!!!

I would feel bad for them, yes, but it would not be fair to the kid.

• Gill
    Gill

Everything Missyo4 says.

Definitely NO!

Perhaps the WTBTS has a good point in discouraging its slaves from having children in the first place.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

this is an easy one,

NO

• Mulan
    Mulan

My childhood girlfriend, a JW, and her husband have adopted 7 children, all grown now. Two of them they got at ages 7 and 9, when their custodial grandmother was dying. Their parents were deceased and no other living relatives. She requested that the children be adopted by JW's, and my friend and her husband's names came up when the State did the search. They called them, and they were on the road the next day to get the kids, in Oregon. They weren't looking to adopt again, but felt they had to do this. They were really good kids too.

My friend was never able to get pregnant, due to a botched appendectomy when she was 9. For some it is an answer to the desire to have kids...................why not JW's? The seven kids, mentioned above, had a great life. I think 2 are JW's now...............so it shows that not all kids in a family will go for it.

• Brummie
    Brummie

So if the judge asked "Apart from the blood issue, none jw parents could secretly inflict the same negative experiences on their children, but then again, JWs do not have the final say when it comes to small children and blood, the courts can take over, so there might be no difference what so ever if a child is adopted by the JW or by the none JW, why then should JWs not be allowed the joy of adopting? "

To say "no", Is the answer really that easy?

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I think JWs who want to adopt should be judged by the same standards as other would be parents. If they qualify they should be allowed to adopt.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Brummie, you ask if it's that easy to say 'no'. No, I don't think it's easy at all to say no, but I think that's what I would tell the judge. As a society we must do what is best for the greater good, that's why we have laws ( although many are unfair and outdated ). Raising a child in an asocial, JW environment is putting that child at extreme risk physically and emotionally and is not for the greater good.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My aunt and uncle adopted a boy once. Not sure why... they already had two kids of their own.

The boy ended up REQUESTING that he be able to leave them because the whole JW thing was driving him NUTS.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Really Brummie if that was the criteria no children could/would be adopted. It's all a crap shoot. I'm sure there are plenty of horror stories out there of adopted children who were adopted into so called normal even above normal as far as financial stature goes who would not have chosen those parents if they were the last parents on earth for themselves.

We recently had a story in our local news about a man who adopted a child from another country and sexually abused him from the day he got him until the child finally got old enough and smart enough to turn him in. I believe this man was a teacher or something.

Problem is Brummie not enough questions or the right ones are asked at the time of adoption IMHO. Of course I could be wrong as I've never been in the position to fill out adoption forms or go before a judge I have no idea but anyone can lie and present a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit