singing at the meetings

by Dustin 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Dustin -
    OMG!! That song is 'Forward You Witnesses' I just sang the entire first verse to from memory. Dont' think I've sang it in over 15 years!! YIKES!!
    I actually liked that one. And didn't think of people dying for a religion but rather for Jehovah. I saw a difference...

Wow Crazy how that song came back to me with just those 3 words.

MJ -
    Too Funny!! I forgot that I used to point to that picture when the kids would just barely move their lips during the song. No sounds. Just lips quivering.

The 5 year old was usually such a ham, he would sing out loud and clear (Whe he was 2 he would even break dance. Such a trip, that kid!)

The 9 year-old... Damn whole other story. I would point to the picture in the back and say 'That's how you shoud be singing. Whole-souled as to Jehovah.'

He would stubbornly reply, 'Oh no. They would not be happy like that if they had to sing THIS song.' And he would just shake his head and clench his lips tight.

I'm giggling just remembering that!!

Thanks for the fun memories!!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

The problem with the quality of singing at meetings is that, like everything else in JW world, it is overly regulated and uniform. Rather than being a joy, singing is part of the pre-set programme, song at the beginning, song in the middle and song at the close.

I often though about taking along a couple of guitars and doing a few of songs differently. But that would be allowed nor would composing a few of your own songs. How different from the more charismatic churches where singing appears to be a fundamental part of worship.

Eyeslice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit