singing at the meetings

by Dustin 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

In my old hick congregation, everybody but me was like 85 years old. They were all deaf, and couldn't begin to keep up with one another. It was very comical!

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

My worldly cousin who was studying at the time really looked forward to the songs at the end of the meetings, but there was one problem. She could...not...sing.

Just imagine if a cow could sing opera.

Yep. There ya go.

laters

kaykay_mp

• M.J.
    M.J.

In an unrelated topic cherryblossomgirl mentioned what I thought was one of the funniest things I've read. That kingdom songs all sound sorta like "Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner..." It's so true!

• jaredg
    jaredg

there is one song that sounds like the slinky song too

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hey, singing was one of the huge things I missed when I moved from a mostly black congregation to a mostly white congregation.

Brother O would lead us in every kingdumb song from on-stage, off-key, complete with full body gestures!

When the cong. was allowed to do their own agenda's on Thur nights, we'd do 15 or 30 minutes of just singing. And we sang it out, brothers and sisters! No one cared of they were off-key, we all were. But it truly was fun.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

I think there's one that sounds like the theme to Looney Tunes.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Dustin
    Dustin

I really hate the one song, I think it's number 29 "Firm and Determined". The lyrics just piss me off, because I can't believe people will let themselves be tortured and killed for the JW religion. That song just always bothered me.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Ever notice the lack of enthusiasm in the singing? Like everyone's about to fall asleep? Then it's kinda funny to take a look inside the back cover of the songbook, where there's an illustration of all these Biblical folks looking nearly like Pentecostals, shouting at the top of thier lungs.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

singing at meetings is gay

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

"We're Jehovahs witnesses........we speak out in fearlessness"

"from house to house from door to door......."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit