Am I or am I not a Dub?

by upside/down 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

A Dub? Well are you picked last at dodgeball every time? Do they also call you a "chucker" in basketball? Do you always get put in right field during baseball / softball games? When you are at bat do they hollar "Can't hit, automatic out" and they are right? If traded are you the "player to be named later"?

If so, my poor friend you are a dub.

But it's okay you might be great at soccer! And everyone is a winner in soccer!

• upside/down
    upside/down

I also keep reading here about being DF'd or DA'd in absentia, I understood this could no longer take place, legally (in US)?

What's going on? Could I be DF'd or DA'd and not even know about it?

Nothing surprises me anymore.

"There's what a man can do and what man can't" Capt. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean)

There are too many experiences of rogue elder bodies doing "their own thing", the WTS does not have the tight leash in many respect that people imagine. I've seen body's of elders completely ignore the CO, letters from HQ and little to nothing was done.

Your thoughts please,

u/d

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

At least in Germany, where they want to be registered as a public body, they tell the authorities there are 210,000 JW while there are about 165,000 reporting.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I've never heard of someone being officially disfellowshipped without their knowlege, but I do know one man who was privatly told by the elders "as far as we're concerned you are disfellowshipped". They must have made some comment or other about it at the next meeting because a week later he got a call from his JW daughter saying "after what the elders said I don't think it would be right if I had anything to do with you any more"

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

How about if you were an umbaptized publisher like I was? Is there still some file in the Toronot bethel that says "what_Truth?...inactive" 10 years after the fact?

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

Hi there.

I was once an elder and, yes,after 6 months of not engaging in field service, you are classed as inactive BUT you are still classed as a witness and you would not need to rebaptize or rededicate. hope this helps a little.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit