Were You On The Same Wave Length As The Others In The Hall???

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Can you get in trouble for playing chess, having a very large gathering, going to a PG13 movie, etc.?????? So many answers amounted to this----as the answer-----"You just know better, that's all". "Mature ones" just "knew" without asking whether something was right or wrong, doable or not. "Weak, immature ones", on the other hand, always had to find out the hard way. They "should've known better" but eventually would have to be counseled for not knowing the minds of the elders or other "mature ones" at the moment......Isn't it wonderful knowing we don't have to put up with this bullcrap any longer?????

• minimus
    minimus

Another thing-------there were some in the Hall that THOUGHT they were in the loop but never really were. When they tried to fit in with the others by agreeing with the majority, they still wound up being shunned and ignored.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    When they tried to fit in with the others by agreeing with the majority, they still wound up being shunned and ignored.

Yep, that sounds familiar. I never fit in, no matter what I did. Eventually I got to the point where I turned down the few invitations I got from people. There was no reason to get together with them - we had absolutely nothing in common. Computer games were far more interesting.

Walter

• bagpuss
    bagpuss

Despite being regular at meetings and in field service for nearly 15 years I never fitted in to my congregation. My husband is convinced that was because he wasn't a jw and he may be right.It always made me feel upset to listen to talks about how elders should take the lead in inviting those in divided homes into their homes. Not one elder invited me to their home,unless they wanted me to take part in the service meeting.Other than that I was not welcome.

• franklin J
  • Goldminer
    Goldminer

I remember how I'd feel guilty when I worked overtime at work because it was always put down at meetings.Then in time i noticed more than a few elders worked overtime,even on sundays and meeting nights.I guess cause they were getting their "time" it was more justifiable,I knew it was just hypocrisy.After that I would purposely sign up for overtime on Sundays.No more guilt!

• new light
    new light

In sensing what was right and wrong (JW wise) yes. Otherwise, no. Their line about reinstated people being welcomed back into the fold is pure tripe. It is a mark that is always on the record in everyone's mind, no matter how much they deny it. In the two years I devoted after being reinstated, I received maybe 2-3 invitations that were for me personally, in spite of being a 20something single "brother". Meanwhile, there was a lot happening socially with everyone else. In all fairness, I am not counting congregation softball games or anything like that, but those are open to everyone.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I'll drink to that!

You're right 100%.Fortunately in my last congo, there were lot's of us who knew how "the game" was played and we played it WELL. All things were considered righteous but definitely NOT ADVANTAGEOUS!

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down

In twenty years of total and PC devotion to the bOrg. I attended only 2 softball games ever and each time there was a local needs talk on not having too much recreation. I attended one dance (very frowned upon).

As mentioned earlier PURE TRIPE!

• prophecor
    prophecor

I was AM they were FM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit