What JW belief do you think is correct?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

That you should underline The Watchtower before you get to the hall...Oh yes, something else: That it's best to squeeze free magazines into letterboxes and not under doors. I did the latter once and inadvertently pushed the door mat to the left and it knocked over a small stand upon which was a valuable 1920s chinese ginger jar. I learned this when I made a return call one week later. I must say this was infinitely more embarrassing that turning up to the hall with a blank (i.e., non-underlined Watchtower). steve2

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    "Religion is a SNARE and a RACKET"!

While I consider this statement to be true, I would not consider it to be a JW belief. It was a more of a motivational catch-phrase. And, since the Witnesses are considered by most/all here to be a part of that same "snare and racket", would it not be contradictory to say that they were "correct" in condemning themselves? Therefore this belief is simply not that for me, anyway.

I have been thinking for quite some time on "What JW belief I think is correct" and I haven't been able to agree with any posted so far and I cannot think of any that I would consider to be true, myself, either.

I feel quite at peace about my time as a JW, so I don't feel jaded, but I still do not feel that anything they taught was "correct".

Brad

• steve2
    steve2

My apologies: I may have misread the question. Having been a JW since a very young age, I sometimes mistake organizational policies for Scriptural doctrines. So then, what Biblical teaching do I still believe is correct? This one: That no man knows the time or the hour of the end. However, there is a woman down the street who swears she does. Should I give her a chance? steve2

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The belief that we shouldn't knock on peoples doors before 9:30 am.

• PinTail
    PinTail

A lot of it, but alot of it is not; so what do we do? Well Willy we never stop useing our own brain power, never let any religion say we better get on the Ark of their salvation or die.

• steve2
    steve2
    The belief that we shouldn't knock on peoples doors before 9:30 am.

Or after as well - just to be safe?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

"Religion is a snare and a racket" - truer words were never spoken - certainly not by Judge Rutherfraud. All said though - the bible is crap, the watchtower is crap, everything the Watchtower Society has ever said is crap - grow up you loosers saying otherwise - you don't need any of it - lessons to live by .. childish delusions of a sky daddy comming to save you from your fears .. keep it real people - no amount of bible gymnastsics can turn old jewish crap into a future void of pain with vegetarian pussy cats and free fruit for everybody - it just can't happen.. the universe in all its natural glory just doesn't work that way .. jesus freaks? are you still with me jesus freaks? unclebruce You can paint crap any color you like but it's still crap. Farkel.

• Swan
    Swan

That JWs should not be on the Internet because there are Apostate's with Apostate websites all over the place!

Mwuhahahaha!

Tammy

• steve2
    steve2
    All said though - the bible is crap, the watchtower is crap, everything the Watchtower Society has ever said is crap - grow up you loosers saying otherwise - you don't need any of it

Phew! Such dogmatism and finality! Sounds very much like old Judge Rutherford's style: He made such emphatic pronouncements that left little, if any, room for alternative views. steve2

• upside/down
    upside/down

Actually ub,

The French have a saying, "You can't polish a turd." Is that what you meant?

I think Rutherford would have loved to have you as an apprentice. The entire Bible is "crap"? Then we need to mobilize all of the environmentalist groups and ban that useless piece of sh*t. How many trees are destroyed each year printing this drivel? When will the insanity stop? lol

In America we say if you want to buy grade"A" oats you pay a grade"A" price, oats that have been through the horse however, come a bit cheaper.

The Dubs have put the "oats" through the horse, but still think they're grade "A". So I think you're confused.

Is it ever wrong to love your neighbor as yourself? Or to treat others as you want to be treated? That's in the Bible. As far as Jesus' freaks go, I don't know what to say- I know what you "mean" and I don't care for them either (I'm sure Jesus doesn't either).

I don't know maybe you were having a bad day- lighten up, we're on the same "team".

u/d alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit