What JW belief do you think is correct?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What biblical belief do you think they have correct compared to other religions?

• JH
    JH

I think that they are right when they say that Jesus isn't God almighty, and that we should pray only to God Almighty, not Jesus.

• Mulan
    Mulan

There is a god. That's about it.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I agree with you there, jh.

I think that John 13:34, 35 is accurately stressed by them as a mark of Christ's true disciples - they simply fail to recognize that their misapplication of love like that of Christ rules them out completely as being his disciples.

• upside/down
    upside/down

It's hard to distinguish what's good with the Dub's to what's good with the Bible. Because there are many things the Bible teaches that are "good", and of course the Dub's would take the credit and say THEY are the only ones doing such and such.

For example: I like the teaching that man was never meant to rule man and that it's "injurious to men" to do so. The Dub's would say that's what they teach. Even though they don't practice it. When in reality the Bible says it. And no matter what anyone posts as to a JW belief as being correct there will be an army of comments to refute it (ie.poor examples, thus disproving their belief). Maybe we need to separate JW doctrine as taught in theory and actual practice- avoiding endless debates of whether the Dub's are "correct" or not.

So maybe the question should be rephrased to say which Bible teaching do you think is correct? Cuz the Dub's always say, "Well the Bible says...." does it?

u/d (not trying to hijack your thread)

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I also agree with you JH.

Sabrina

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

"Religion is a snare and a racket".

• melmac
    melmac

There's no immortal soul, God is not a Trinity, no Fiery Hell, Earth not 6,000 years old. No need to keep a Sabbath.

• upside/down
    upside/down

• Bad things happen to good people
    • The Bible is trustworthy
    • God is Love
    • Jesus died for EVERYONE
    • No trinity, no immortal soul, no hellfire (prev. ment.)
    • I'm responsible for my actions before God.
    • I answer to God, not men.
    • There is a better future
    • wickedness will not forever prevail
    • I can be better than I am
  • OldSoul
    OldSoul

Apologies to u/d, because I agree they teach those things correctly. However, here is the revised list by implication:

• Bad things happen to good people (when they aren't in the ministry or at the meetings)
    • The Bible is trustworthy (but only the way the FDS interprets it)
    • God is Love (but humans can treat each other like living dung and it is just a mistake)
    • Jesus died for EVERYONE (as long as they become Jehovah's Witnesses and symbolize that by verbally signing their life over to an earthly organization)
    • No trinity, no immortal soul, no hellfire (prev. ment.)
    • I'm responsible for my actions before God (but I am accountable to men for my perceived actions and feelings)
    • I answer to God, not men (unless I am accused of gross misconduct and can't prove otherwise)
    • There is a better future (for any who become Jehovah's Witnesses and symbolize that by verbally signing their life over to an earthly organization)
    • wickedness will not forever prevail (you are wicked will die if you don't become Jehovah's Witnesses and symbolize that by ...)
    • I can be better than I am (as long as I do it the way the FDS tells me to this week)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit