Prevalence of JW Suicides - Real or Imagined?

by AMNESIAN 82 Replies latest jw friends

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Makena,

I'm sorry to hear about your Daughter's suicide..

I've never been a JW, just met someone that I hired one day and found out he was a JW.. My heart went out to him as I began learning of the "religion" if you can call it that..

My heart goes out to all JW's past, present, and future who have to endure such internal guilt that would even lead to one contemplating suicide. I do not understand, nor can I pretend to, what JW's go through, but from what I've seen personally with my friend (Who BTW is still a JW, and engaged to get married shortly) I've never felt so sorry for a group of people in my life.. I pray every night that my friend, and all JW's world-wide can wake up and see the bondage they are in, and RUN like the wind the other way!!!!

I dont' blame any one person, not even the GB, for I think they themselves believe what they are trying to do.. I just believe that your relationship with god is personal, and as soon as you put any kind of organization, religious or otherwise between you and god, you are sacrificing that relationship. (needless to say, I don't have a religious affiliation, other than I'm a Christian!)

-- Interestingly enough, I've done alot of research into the JW's trying to help my friend, and I believe it was Rutherford that basically said that organized religion was not good.. Rutherford, Ironically proved his own point..

I believe in god, and I believe that although JW's are not following god, god is kind and merciful. God knows the plight of JW's, and I'm sure he understands that most JW's cannot see the forest through the trees because of their 'mind control'. God knows in their heart they were following god to the best of their abilities, even if they were tricked into following a false god, and because of that I'm sure god has a very special place in heaven for all JW's, especially your daughter.

Your daughter is at peace with god, and I pray that you have the same peace.

God bless you!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

For Makena and Sabine,

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush. Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.

Love to you both, {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• larc
    larc

Celtic,

I brought back this thread for your review. As you can see, it contains many thoughtful comments on this subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit