Shunning via US Postal Service

by Thechickennest 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

In today's mail came a envelope from Ms. B[edit] C[edit] of Rawlins, Wyoming. Betty and her family were our longtime associates while were in the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses. Enclosed were photographs of my wife, daughter, myself and my wife's sister. C[edit]s must of have collected these together and returned them to us in a little shunning stunt by mail. We departed from the cult a couple of years ago. There was no explanation. Just the photos. Has anyone out there been the recipient of such thing? We don't intend to return our photos of the JW's in our possesion in attempt to make any statement to them. We might throw them away or we might show them to our teenage daughter as reminder of what wolves in sheeps clothing really look like! Can we expect a deluge of photos from other previous associate cult members? Shall I put these folks on our Christmas Card List, now that we have their address?! Maybe our church prayer list would be more appropriate!

Thanks,

Duane Wing

names of individuals have been edited to respect their privacy ~ Scully

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

By all means, sending them a Christmas card would be a delicious piece of irony.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I am sure since they have cut you out of their lives, they are making sure to cut you out of their photo albums as well.

I wonder if my friend cut me out of her wedding album, since I was in her wedding??? Very curious thinking about it.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Thanks Scully, I wondered about that after the fact.

Duane

• Scully
    Scully

Just for fun, you could PhotoShop their old pictures a little and send the "updated" pics back to them.

• blondie
    blondie

Very petty and nasty on their part. If they were concerned with their relationship with God, they could have simply thrown them in the trash.

At least they didn't cut themselves out of the pictures too before sending them.

Blondie (can't believe God would grant everlasting life to people like that and why I left)

• Scully
    Scully

No problem chickennest

Now that you have their address, you could put them on your Apostate? literature mailing list too.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Actually, I thought it might be just the opposit: See, we had fun together. But since there was no letter...

I like the Christmas Card list.

I personally sent Thanksgiving cards - first to be recieved! Or New Year's cards - last on the list....

-B

• Funchback
    Funchback

Maybe this can be the ultimate response:

Send them a family photo Christmas card. Maybe have your entire family and the family cat/dog pose with ol' St. Nick!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Cheap shots like this are the hallmark of the Dub's. That "we'll show you " attitude.

Man I'm steamin like a cow pie in a snow drift! Grrr

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit