Shunning via US Postal Service

by Thechickennest 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

You are right Scully...Let the games begin!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Xmas card list, Easter card list, Valentines Day card list, and how can we forget birthdays. While you're at it, why not send them a subscription to the Catholic Observor, Christian Science Monitor, and Soldier of Fortune. Hell, then there's the matchbook cover offerings and ...

• Scully
    Scully

see, you could put a service bag on the front hoof and your "friend's" head in place of Donkey's ... then type the lyrics from that stupid Kingdom Melodies song: "From House to House, From Door to Door, Jehooooovah's crap we spread...."

It would be very apropos..... a$$es out looking for

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Yeah. Like that's going to encourage you to go back to the KH. How pathetic. Probably counted the time to do it as well.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am really sorry to read about what your past "friends" mailed to you.

I second what Blondie said

They are certainly not Christians by their actions.

Althought it hurts to be shunned this way, don't waste your positive energy on their negativity.

CodeBlue

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, that was just unecessary and mean spirited. My sister and her son recently threatened to shun my non witness/never been a witness dad if he ever forwards pictures or information on me or my daughter again. How ridiculous. Shun non witnesses for speaking about exwitnesses.

We had a photo album of our quick build at my last congregation. One of the elder's wife's former bible students had recently been disfellowshipped. I watched the elder's wife remove a picture of the sister from the album. I recall thinking that it was unecessary for her to do that. I also thought it seemed very fatalistic. I wonder if they have removed my picture from the album now. I'm not disfellowshipped or dAed. I know what they all think of me though. I'm one of the lost ones.

• Purza
    Purza

I am sorry this happened to you Duane. My mother did something similar. She gave me all of my baby pictures and pictures of me growing up. Whether she was "downsizing" (as she called it) or was frustrated with me for not being a dub any more, I may never know. All I know is that it hurt like hell!!! My child will have to wait till I am cold and dead before she gets her baby pictures -- which are memories for me AND her.

And I like the holiday cards idea -- can you imagine the shock on their faces when they receive a christmas card. LMAO

Purza

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've had something similar happen to me. I have a grandmother who is unworthy of the title. She is my mother's step mom. After my grandfather died, we recieved a package in the mail from her. It was a picture of me when I was about 7 years old. That was the day she lost her "grandmother" title.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That is such a cruel, unnecessary action to take!! How dare they even bother to do such a thing instead of throwing the pictures out. No, they choose to rub it in your face that they shun you.

I love Scully's Donkey idea!! So true!

• Descender
    Descender

You should write them back thanking them for showing what true christian love they have, you can say that because of their petty actions they disuaded you from making the comeback that you'd been thinking of because you wanted to get reinstated, but now you won't because you've been stumbled and they'll be blood-guilty come armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit