It's Official - Yoga is EVIL!

by Incense_and_Peppermints 28 Replies latest social physical

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Yoga?Just an Exercise or Something More?

Can yoga be practiced without any religious overtones? Is yoga suitable for Christians?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Yoga can be a religious exercise or not. In the yoga classes I've attended and attend, it is simply a workout. For any JW who might care to debate you on this you might ask them if they avoid eating fish on Friday since Catholics have been known to eat fish and avoid other meats on that day as a religious exercise. I doubt your average dub has even bothered to think about it. (Can you just imagine? "We can't eat fish tonight! That's pagan!") Just goes to show you, just because somebody does anything and attributes religious significance to it, it doesn't necessarily make it religious, pagan, Christian, put in your own word.

There is no chanting or new age philosophy espoused in my class. Just a routine of poses and holding that works out all the tight muscles and leaves me feeling great. I highly recommend it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** w73 3/15 p. 176 Approach to Jehovah or to the Demons?Which? ***

Neither can one use just any method, such as yoga, astrology, asceticism or drugs, and qualify to approach God.

g75 2/22 p. 28 Would Yoga Benefit You? ***

The unvarnished truth is that yoga?s "serpent power" is spiritism, which is condemned in the Bible. (Rev. 21:8) Chiefly behind such occult power is "the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth." (Rev. 12:9) Guard against deception by the Devil and his demons. Draw aid from God?s Word, the Bible. Yoga in any form definitely cannot benefit you. It can only do you harm.

g75 11/8 p. 29 Yoga Peril***

On June 1, Robert Antosczcyk, a yoga teacher in Ann Arbor, Michigan, secluded himself in his room, telling acquaintances that he was going to attempt astral projection. In this state, supposedly one?s "soul" travels through the universe?s "astral plane." However, two days later twenty-nine-year-old Antosczcyk was dead. His body was discovered in a yoga posture assumed in deep meditation. Reportedly, the young man?s health had been excellent and he was not a drinker, smoker or drug user. Though pathologists did not know why he had died, one suggested that Antosczcyk may have entered a state of meditation so deep that his heart had slowed down greatly and was unable to pump sufficient blood to the brain.

*** g75 11/8 p. 11 Hinduism?Can It Meet Your Spiritual Needs? ***

The Bible definitely associates clairvoyant powers, such as are possessed by advanced practitioners of Yoga, with demons. (Acts 16:16-18; Deut. 18:10-12) Would it be wise to devote even brief periods of time each day to procedures that in more developed stages lead to demonic influence?

*** g76 11/8 p. 27 Transcendental Meditation?for Christians? ***

It is known that persons who delve into advanced states of yoga-type meditation often claim to develop powers of divination, which may include ability to predict future events. According to the Bible, non-worshipers of Jehovah who have such occult powers get them from wicked spirit forces, or demons. (Acts 16:16) Might not transcendental meditation open one up to such spiritistic influence?

g77 6/22 p. 30 Yoga Profits ***

While mentioning those he calls "genuine yogis who live in monasteries and do not merchandise yoga," Lal says: "I wish the Indian Foreign Office could cancel the passports of those against whom there are serious charges of swindling foreigners and who bring India into disrepute." (The Wall Street Journal) It might be added that true Christians avoid yoga as a practice contrary to the Bible.

g78 11/8 p. 6 Spiritistic Religion?Why It Appeals to Many. Is It for You? ***

This approach parallels the posture-concentration exercises of Yoga, a form of spiritism producing extrasensory impressions.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I&P,

Given the Society's track record of being an over protective mother we can pretty much understand the paranoia over something that might free people from their control. Did you sense the jealousy,,in the whole essay.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Given the Society's track record of being an over protective mother we can pretty much understand the paranoia over something that might free people from their control.

i thought the same thing.

Did you sense the jealousy,,in the whole essay.

uh-huh. i aslo luv all their buzz-words and phrases: "phallic" "hippies" "detestable" "fashioned after this system of things" "rooted in false religion", etc.

better be careful, you might get "demonized": To a Hindu, yoga is a technique or a discipline that leads to union with a great supernatural force or spirit. It has been described as "the yoking of all the powers of body, mind and soul to God."

then there's this little gem - "think before you ink". this young woman clearly has the mark of Satan on her...

• Simon
    Simon

Of course ... anything that may link you to some supernatural spirit creature is evil and despicable ! ...

... unless it's praying to god, in which case supernatural spirit creatures are good, good, good !!

They are all just rival franchises. It's like a competition between Burger King and McDonalds !

Thanks, but no-thanks - they both promise fantastic stuff but the reality is pants and leaves a bad taste in your mouth

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Of course its evil...a dub sitting THINKING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Its also official, I am demonized! roflmao --my mom holds this out to be true, and now I see its what the WTs position clearly shows

omg its no wonder their followers are so paranoid all the time! they need to get a life!

Sherry

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my bestest friend in the whole wide world sent me two yoga tapes at xmas. so far yoga hasnt helped but that might be because i havent watched them yet.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I think it's interesting how they don't give an ounce of skepticism to the stories about yogis sleeping on fire, etc. Interestingly, they mention sleeping on a bed of nails -- which is scientifically possible if they are spaced correctly -- anyone can do it!

The WT is extremely superstious and they never offer any alternative explanations for seemingly "supernatural" occurances. But, this serves to validate their Satan-hypothesis.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit