It's Official - Yoga is EVIL!

by Incense_and_Peppermints 28 Replies latest social physical

• heretic
    heretic

ive done yoga just for the stretching its good for surfing and very relaxing, and it feels like your circulation is better for it or something, but i had doubts about the jws cos my mum always sounds like the mother off 'waterboy'.

'foozball is the DEVIL!'

'yoga is the DEVIL!'

just tell them its palates

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

This would make an awesome bumper sticker:

The smaller the god, the greater the evils.

I know of JW's and Freaky Fundy Baptists who won't do yoga, even though a physician said it would help with chronic fatigue and body pain. Just stupid.

I've wanted to do Tai Chi for a while, but can't afford it yet. I'm afraid to do yoga, the only demonz in the room would be emanating from my back side. I think my colon is possesed by demons of IB and anerobic cultures.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Yep, had my own discussion about yoga with dub relatives a couple years back. Fear based and as others said, all that freedom of mind might help wake people up to realize that nothing that the jw's teach makes sense.

now my only problem with yoga is finding time to do it...

oooooooooooommmmmmmm.........

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

wow, and i thought just the Jehovahs were backwards...

IN CONCLUSION

Christians practicing yoga need to cease immediately, repent of it, and ask God's forgiveness.

Yoga is not just exercise!

Nope, there is a religio-political movement in America called the Religious Right that wants to make our whole country a lot like JW-world. And in many ways they are succeeding.

http://www.theocracywatch.org/

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

I know a guy who's girlfriend does yoga, and he's always bragging about how flexible she is, and how that relates to the sinful life they lead together! Yep, yoga really is from Satan!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i'm having very wicked thoughts right now...

• wasasister
    wasasister

Particularly interesting to me was the last sub-heading: "Not a Choice for Christians", thus taking the "choice" of adult Christians out of the picture. In other words - more honest words - "You don't have a choice because we have already spoken."

Interestingly, my way-in-Dub-daughter does Yoga exercises daily. She doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I think the younger generation takes a lot of this stuff with a grain of salt.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm sorry. I truly am.
    But every time I see this thread bttt I imagine Simon in spandex!!!
    Does that qualify as a fetish?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Yoga has always, since I can remember, been a 'no-no' with JWs. That along with hypnotism, or any other practice that controls the mind.

I know a case, and have heard of other cases where continuing to practice yoga has escalated to disfellowshipment.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit