It's Official - Yoga is EVIL!

by Incense_and_Peppermints 28 Replies latest social physical

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

The smaller the god, the greater the evils.

j

• gumby
    gumby

Funny.....I went to a search engine(msn) and typed in "Yoga" . There were jillions of sites...ALL recommending Yoga in a positive light. Then....I typed in "Christianity and Yoga". Dubs aren't the only ones against this practice. Here's another fine example of Christianity at it's finest.

*pukes*

Gumby

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

wow, and i thought just the Jehovahs were backwards...

IN CONCLUSION

Christians practicing yoga need to cease immediately, repent of it, and ask God's forgiveness.

Yoga is not just exercise! http://www.macgregorministries.org/cult_groups/yoga.html

• gumby
    gumby

Yoga's almost as evil as halloween!!!!!!!!!! Just think of all the little kids who become demonized after celebrating it.........just like these heathen Yoga practioneers......full a demunz.....the whole damn bunch of ya

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbyoga is just lame...not even evil at all...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

hehe "Gumbyoga"

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Candidly, you slay me!!!! And you are supposed to be a good apostate!

• rawdata
    rawdata

OK, So I suppose it's natural to be skeptical of anyone who says they can do telepathy or turn invisible. I have yet to see anyone do that, however ... don't you just love it when they say stuff like this:

The image of a yogi sleeping on a bed of nails or walking on hot coals may appear to be a hoax to some and a joke to others. But these are common occurrences in India, as is the practice of standing on one leg while staring directly at the sun for hours and breath control that allows a person to be buried in sand for long periods of time. In June 1995, The Times of India reported that a three-and-a-half-year-old girl lay in a trance as a car weighing more than 1,600 pounds [750 kg] was allowed to run over her abdomen. To the amazement of the crowd, when she awoke she was totally unharmed. The report added: "It was sheer yogic power."
    Without a doubt, no normal human is capable of performing any of these tasks.

I think that's an awful big assumption. Since when did they become experts on what the human body can or can't do? I guess I've seen enough Discovery Channel type shows to believe the human body is capable of far more than what some consider "normal". There was this one show where this guy who had the front wheel of a 10 passenger Gulfstream (or LearJet) executive jet drive over his belly just to show off his muscle control. (Scale wise that would be about the same as the small car over the little girl.) While I don't remember the details, they showed how he did it, and there was no supernatural or spiritual connection whatsoever. While I'm no expert, It seems from what I have learned about yoga, like so many other exercise regimens, the primary focus is on controling your emotions along with your mind over body connection. (whew, that was a mouthful. i hope that makes sense)

Instead of sorting the good, the bad, and the ugly out for people let's just take the easy way out and scrap the whole thing. Nothing like throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak, eh? Or even better yet, why not present the subject in an objective or at least nonjudgmental way so people might actually learn something. Ahh well, isn't superstitious paranoia grand?

"Doublethink ... is a vast system of mental cheating"

(George Orwell).
  • jwbot
    jwbot

I really want to do yoga....I told my mom that. Now I know why thought I did not "need" to do yoga. I remember, they had something against Tai-Bo too! grr!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    Thanks, but no-thanks - they both promise fantastic stuff but the reality is pants and leaves a bad taste in your mouth

Imagines Simon in spandex, coz you HAVE tried it, to be able to make that comparison, right???
    LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit