Out of the Blue, An Elder Calls

by FreePeace 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks for the post Doug. I loved it.

The last elder to call here was really rude and actually hung up on me. I totally miss the strategy of such a tactic. What do they think they gain by calling someone, pissing them off, and then hanging up on them? Me thinks that?s not very good business strategy.

I guess when they think they work for a homicidal maniac like Jehovah the mean boy god, they can afford to be rude.

Doug, I still have your book on my shelf in a special place. It?s one of my two all time favorites. That?s a great piece of work. . . . The Game Rules For Life by Doug Kelley. Gary Busselman

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I stated again that I appreciated the intent of his call, that I had nothing against him personally, and the reason for my being so direct was to emphasize that I am NEVER coming back, and to NOT CALL ME AGAIN unless you are thinking about leaving the organization.

Doug,

I've been "inactive" for over about 1 1/2 years now and still no calls from the elders, though I am expecting one someday. I have prepared many senarios in my head as to what I will say. I am so totally out of the organization now, as far as believing in any of their relgious doctrines. I am torn as to what to say when they do come around. I think it will depend on their approach--I will have pity for them if they are cowering, but if they lay it on me i may have to give it back to them--the above statement seems to resonate with the way I feel right now.

cybs

• Mulan
    Mulan

Well done, Doug. His ears were ringing for a long time after that call.

We are still waiting for a call.............not disfellowshipped so we think they are scared............hehehe

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I was raised in that organization.

I *feel* all the bravado, but I don't believe it. I see people saying "I will do this or that if the elders call.." but we don't realize how much power that statement ALONE gives them. We should treat them as any other solicitors if we want to get out permanently, in our minds. We are imagining our scenarios if this group of GUYS calls us. What if the National Pickle Society called you for a meeting? You wouldn't want to meet because they have no relevance to your life. What if they wanted to disfellowship you because you ate pickles that weren't approved? Would you care?

We give THEM power when we ACKNOWLEDGE their actions.

CG

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    just to make my position perfectly clear?IF it is all true and Armageddon does come, I will die flipping Jehovah off while I tell him, ?Fuck you!??

Thank you for saying that...My thoughts exactly.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Any rate, I trust they won?t be calling again.

Pretty good bet.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

My mother stopped by our house for the first time last weekend. We bought a house 6 months ago and got married 3 months ago,, but she came by for the first time and emailed my new husband something about "how concerned she is for his everlasting life" so I think she's making the excuse that my husband (who has no ties to JWs) is a non-believer and she needs to save his life. hahahaaa...

I would just love for her to send the elders by my house to preach to him. That'd be a hoot!

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

My wife and I have'nt been along for some 10 years now...We're not D'f'shpd or anything, but nobody comes anywhere near us for some reason, so I doubt that we'd have any hassle of that sort. Makes me laugh though, when we pass them in the street they say hello as if they are our best friends, all teeth and eyes. Yet when they do the 'doors' down our street, we are always missed out...elders and all. Weired that. I've always got the kettle on!

• Purza
    Purza

Doug,

Bravo! Did you feel better after the call -- like you were able to have your say? Did you feel a weight being lifted from your person?

Purza

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Doug I'm not sure if I'm clear on your position, you aren't going back?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit