"Replacement doctrines" - things which JWs lie about to the interested ones

by Pole 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pole
    Pole

Good points everyone.

I guess WillPower is right in saying they feel justified by the concept of theocratic war strategy.

As Dave and others have pointed out they lie about not being superstitious because they believe in demons residing in objects. Also, at least in Poland JWs avoid eating food that was prepared for a birthday party , because it's part and parcel of "the false religion". They also believe they're accompanied by angels when preaching. No, that has nothing to do with superstitions.

FunkyDerek's "preaching is voluntary" example is also exactly what I mean. Preaching is voluntary, but how many newbies are told about the service reports arrangement right from the start? Isn't it a way of exerting pressure on publishers?

I also quoted another one of their lies:

Jehovah's Witnesses encourage people to openly discuss religious matters

Right, I wonder what happens if you stand up in the middle of the meeting and suggest that the congregation should seriously reconsider certain explanations provided by the FDS?

-----------

Newbies are told tons and tons of lies and "half-truths". Such as "we don't beg for donations". The JWs give you the impression of freedom of speech and freedom of thought. They introduce the cultish aspects of WT gradually and put your doubts down to the lack of "spiritual maturity". The sad moment comes when you get baptized and settled in the congregation. Try to aks too many questions then or try not to turn in the service report slip. As a watchtower apparatchik, you're not supposed to doubt or complain. You're supposed to coerce others into the same BS.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Unlike millions of people in other religions, Jehovah's Witnesses are free of superstitions.

Jehovah's Witnesses encourage people to openly discuss religious matters.

what a big crock of crap. do these people ever get tired of not being true to themselves at least? theocratic war strategy my ass.

• upside/down
    upside/down

My wife was cheating on me

My "brother" business partner was screwing me

We were being shunned by the congo for no reason

I had a Job-like series of unfortunate events befall me

Told the elders- those genius' figured it out lick-ity-split I must have an object in my posession that has a demon(s).

Stupid me,

u/d

• minimus
    minimus

We show "real love". We're "true Christians".We "alone" have the truth. WE have replaced them,.

• Xena
    Xena

We don't pass a contribution plate

...no we just have multiple boxes set up in back and guilt you at at least one meeting a week into putting something in there.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Pole, the teaching that Jehovah?s Witnesses are not involved in secular government is the easiest lie to refute. The Society refutes it right on their own web page. The Jehovah?s Witnesses hold the record in the United States for being involved in government at the judicial level. As a religious group, they hold the record for the number of cases they brought to the Unites States Supreme Court(s).

It?s rather hard to be inactive in government and hold the record for being active at the same time.

• Pole
    Pole

Gary,

It?s rather hard to be inactive in government and hold the record for being active at the same time.

That's true. I wonder how many 'interested ones' ever bring this issue up, though...

Pole

• Pole
    Pole

usd,

I had a Job-like series of unfortunate events befall me

Told the elders- those genius' figured it out lick-ity-split I must have an object in my posession that has a demon(s).

Lol. So did you finally figure out which of your possesions was the demon's residence?

Pole

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

If I remember correctly, Stroup's very old book from the '40s has some examples of demon superstition as expressed by people in the '20s and '30s, or thereabouts. It is a very old superstition.

• Justin
    Justin

The major replacement doctrine is the Organization itself. People begin their study with JWs thinking the Bible will be the authority. But then they are gradually won over to the idea that the Organization, which "explains" the Bible, is the real authority. So the Organization has, in fact, become a substitute for the Catholic Church. Years ago, before the Catholic Church liberalized, it was no secret that it was considered to be the true Church, and possessed a teaching authority. But the JWs in effect begin as protestants and become little catholics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit