Field service hours

by MustangGT 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MustangGT
    MustangGT

Greetings, will somebody tell me if the following numbers are current?

1. Special Pioneers must preach 175 hours, with 50 back-calls per month.
    2. Pioneers must preach 150 hours, with as many back-calls per month and studies that can be properly developed.
    3. Publishers must meet the quota of 60 hours and 12 back-calls per month and at least one study a week for each.
    4. All must use territory assignment cards. The cards must be within 20 miles of home location or considered both ?foolishness? & ?unfaithfulness.?
    5. Must cover territory four times in six months

Feel free to elaborate on any of these points. Your time is appreciated.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I don't know where you got that, but it's WRONG.

Except for Special Pio's (who get paid), the "suggestion" is so many hour for pioneering (I thnk it was around 80?)- which when I was pioneering - nobody legitimatley got, and an "exception", was granted from "on High".

for reg. pubs. they try and get you to maintain "the average" or better if you want to have a "position of responsibility"(future despot in training).

Of course the easy way around all of this is that many just flat out LIE!

u/d

• blondie
    blondie

Hi,

Either you aren't a JW or you've been out awhile.

70 hours/month REGULAR PIONEER (permanent assignment for indefinite number of months)

50 hours/month AUXILIARY PIONEER (sign up 1 month at a time)

1 hour/month PUBLISHERS Unless elderly/very sick then 15 minutes

Back-calls are called return visits now

130 hours/month SPECIAL PIONEERS (I'm not sure if they still have placement requirements)

Otherwise neither the regular or auxiliary pioneers or publishers have any quotas regarding literature placements, return visits or bible studies

• marcosgarcia
    marcosgarcia

BLONDIE:

So a regular JW - not a pioneer (or are they all pioneers? ) has no quota or specific hours of FS they have to obtain each week or month? Is that correct?

• marcosgarcia
    marcosgarcia

BLONDIE:

So a regular JW - not a pioneer (or are they all pioneers? ) has no quota or specific hours of FS they have to obtain each week or month? Is that correct?

• blondie
    blondie

No,

Regular pioneers---70 hours/month

Auxiliary pioneers--50 hours/month

Regular pioneers sign up for an indefinite period of time; auxiliary for 1 month at a time though they can sign up for several specified months.

Auxiliary pioneers are approved only at the congregation level by the congregation service committee; regular pioneers have to be approved by the committe, the circuit overseer, and the branch office.

• MustangGT
    MustangGT

The numbers I presented were found on a website. I was suspicious so I came here for verification. You're right, I am not a JW, former or otherwise. Thank you for your reply.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, some of those hours haven't been true for over 60 years.

1. All must use territory assignment cards. The cards must be within 20 miles of home location or considered both ?foolishness? & ?unfaithfulness.?
      2. Must cover territory four times in six months
      They prefer all JWs sign out a territory card or work in one held by another person under their supervision. Many JWs have territories that extend out 200 miles in one direction, especially out west so the 20 mile limit is ridiculous. I have known of JWs that work wherever in their area but it is frowned upon.

As to coverage, ideally, the WTS likes 6 months but it depends. Most congregations barely cover them in 1 year but in some highly populated areas, 6 weeks is the turnover time so many JWs preach on the streets. The JW in charge of signing out the territory cards is supposed to make sure that they are handed so that one territory isn't worked 3 times in one year and another once in 3 years.

Are you doing a paper?

Blondie

1. marcosgarcia
      marcosgarcia

Blondie:

Me again. Sorry to be so slow. My wife is in the JWs I and my children are not. I want to know what kind of hours she is putting in. She goes 4 times a week (2 days to congo and 2 days she recieves a study) I'm not sure what she does during the day while I'm at work, but I am pretty sure she is also giving studies or cnavasing the neighborhoods --- she has a ton of magazines and a briefcase.. Would she have an hourly quota?

2. AnnOMaly
      AnnOMaly

A long time ago it used to be 120/130? hours for special pioneers, 100 hours for regular pioneers, 75 hours for vacation (auxilliary) pioneers. And there were quotas for back calls, magazine and book placements, but I don't know figures.

Later the hours were dropped from 100 to 90 for regulars, from 75 to 60 for auxilliaries and the other quotas were dispensed with.

Now the hours are as Blondie says (hi Blondie ).

Btw, there are no hour requirements for the ordinary publisher (canvasser), although it is considered spiritually healthy to match the national average - 8-15 hours a month.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit